2023 US Classic (Pre Meet and WAG Juniors Discussion)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

My hunch is we are not going to be seeing gabby compete again.

I would normally agree, but the dad of a junior elite competing at Classic posted the other day (on a FB group I think??, maybe Chalkbucket) that his friends whose kids go to WOGA said Gabby looks better than she ever has….for whatever that’s worth.

We shall see. But I am just not buying it. Not at all surprised she is not on list for Classics

My hunch is we are not going to be seeing gabby compete again.
She was also out for a lot longer than Simone was. her last competition was 2016, so her “comeback” would obviously take longer.

She came back the year before the Olympics last time and it was perfect timing for her (Douglas I mean). The Olympic-year comebacks don’t always work out, as we saw from Miller, Liukin, etc. But I also see Douglas being an extremely smart athlete at this point and knowing to only show up at her best, whether it’s now or at Gymnix next year or whatever. She has nothing to prove after her track record.

Does USAG accept petitions to Nationals for those who aren’t pre-qualified? I wasn’t expecting Douglas to show, but hopefully this doesn’t mean McClain is out for the season.

Have 3 Olympic AA champions ever competed against each other?

I hope someone at USAG with some business acumen is seeking out mega endorsement deals for the 3 athletes on the provisio that it happens

USAG must be absolutely thrilled. NBC too for that matter.

USAG must be absolutely thrilled.
Especially as USAG begins to recover from “that guy” both financially and with sponsors.
With these names, I can see multiple big time sponsors slowly come back to USAG, especially with next year being an Olympic year.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back