2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

please don’t tell me they inquired the L hop full? haha
So the more we look at this, it seems they initially downgraded it to an L Hop 1/2 - for a B. Brian then inquired. And they looked at the footage and saw that she didn’t even make a half in L - so they downgraded it to A.

Brian should have known that playing with the L Hop was a bad move. It’s been short all year.

And GOD KNOWS what Chiles’ coach was thinking with the Gogean. Are they literally blind? I’ve never seen her hit that leap. Put it at the front of the routine (kinda like Steingruber did) if they want a shot at credit.

I hope Jordan looks at her lowest score (EF) and sees that that’s the one where she threw the Gogean. She only went for the split full and went OOB in TF and still scored 14. The most logical upgrade (which someone else has mentioned, either Doug or Denn?) is the front full to double tuck last line.

Reactions: L_R
Has Jordan ever done an arabian?

That last pass sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Full twisting double tuck to shushunova? For real?
She used to do a Double Arabian, yes.

Why do you think the last pass is a disaster waiting to happen? People are generally hopping out of these landings. The hop is all that’s needed to transfer momentum, there doesn’t have to be a punch to do a shushunova. Just tilting the upper body forward and falling to the ground while straddling the legs is sufficient.

Last edited:
Not sure this is the best spot for this but since Jordan is being discussed… I noticed that her DTY has really improved from last year to this year. She was noticeably twisting onto the table last year and has almost completely corrected that in her return to elite this year. Hoping that change helps get her amanar back.

I kind of see the point. If you’re getting 0.3 for a step on the landing anyway, might as well get 0.1 bonus while losing 0.3 for body shape on a straddle to prone.

Hm…

I agree, routines aren’t taking advantage of jumping/dancing out of tumbles. Even though it gets no bonus and ofc requires incredible precision. 2.5 + Sissone is deduction free if you do it like Wieber did

Have we ever seen a Tuck Full In to Shushunova?
I can’t recall any double back to Shushunova, punch fronts definitely. Schwikert did full in to punch front for a while too.

I only remember Shushunova’s coming from twisting saltos.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t recommend it for Jordan if the body shape is going to get hit with .3, her landings are usually just .1, but I’m assuming it wouldn’t be particularly difficult to only get .1 off on the form.

Have we ever seen any gymnast in the history of gymnastics do one from a full in?

That’s an interesting comment from my perspective. Guys like Brody are easy to find in the deep south.

Me neither. Watching that sequence of events unfolding, literally, right in front of you is just farcical. I suppose it stops short of a splatfest when the majority stayed on, but it’s a very flat final when the two who are out in front of the rest both fall.

I had already realised, processed and accepted that Ou Yushan was obviously going to fall given how good she’d been in previous rounds, she might as well have held a banner at the end of the AA saying haha fuckers watch me splat in the final now I’ve lulled some of you into a false sense of security. But I did think Skye might have hit.

Fwiw, my party all thought Skye was one to keep an eye on in the future and resolved to remember her. These are the sort of fans who love coming to competitions but wouldn’t know they were happening if I didn’t tell them, who got really into Simone at the Olympics but weren’t aware she wasn’t going to be here. That level. And they all thought Skye was fantastic. Thought that was interesting.

Last edited:
She should have “artistically disregarded” her ribbons after they’d fallen out. Like, do a “juicer” but pull them out and do some arm waves to release them into the air either side of the beam. It would have been incredible.

She should have “artistically disregarded” her ribbons after they’d fallen out. Like, do a “juicer” but pull them out and do some arm waves to release them into the air either side of the beam. It would have been incredible.
Very rhythmic inspired!

2bb5f27fff923069aedd5f066196126a4d9a8b3c.gif

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back