2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Please no political talk. The Admin and Mods decided when the board was opened to not have topics not related to gymnastics and similar sports.

Please see the thread about politics and REFRAIN FROM FURTHER CLUTTERING THIS ONE.

Gonna leave this here. Discuss.

Actually, the entire twitter thread is interesting and worthy of discussion.

Its not a pretty leap and I can see it getting downgraded to B next Code.

Definitely worth a read and inspiring. KJC is one of my favorites.

Its not a pretty leap and I can see it getting downgraded to B next Code.
It felt like the breakout skill of the competition. I saw more in Liverpool than I’ve seen in my previous 26 years of gym combined. I guess everyone was inspired by Carey including it in her Olympic winning FX.

It’s too easy to be a C level skill. It should be the same as a Switch Leap, IMO. There’s a reason why Skinner was doing it. You don’t need flexibility.

It is the “Candle Mount” of this Quad.

Last edited:
I dig the occasional L hop. There are precious few dance elements that don’t get dreary when everyone is doing them. It isn’t going to get you an iconic picture like a split leap will, but they’re kinda pretty in motion

I think it’s hard to do, and I understand the C rating because of that.

But I also think that an element’s “value” should be more than just its difficulty. If we don’t “value” this element in other ways… give it a B.

Leanne makes the L-hop full look nice. Reword the skill to say the leg must reach 30 degrees above hip height at some point or else it goes down a letter grade.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back