2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 1 (Saturday 11/05)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

WOW!!! That’s gonna be close to a 15 for Wei. For context, she left out her Ling in quals, I believe.
The Ling honestly only hurts her score with the stupid system we have right now. Likely getting .1 form and .1 angle on it, so the .2 extra difficulty is nullified and then she loses out on the execution tiebreaker if it comes down to that.

Diego hypolito commentating is just so annoying.

Hes always like “thats the same move my sister used to do back in 2000”. (Every competition he comments)

I mean who cares? Give the credits for the current competitors And carry on

Last edited:
I think she’s better at commentating domestic meets. She really didn’t display any expertise here, unfortunately. “I’m curious about what the score will be” is not commentary, but rather the opposite, displaying zero knowledge of the COP and how a score is constructed. Peszek is so much better.

Oh I guess Fan’s were consecutive! You’re so right

And He’s 2008 Olympic and 2009 World is basically the same. But on principal. Wei is making a strong case for herself for 2024 as long as she stays healthy

Last edited:
I really think Laurie’s perkiness would be well suited to being down on the floor doing interviews and interjecting with tidbits. Sam is really good at being technical and not repeating herself too much which is why I think she does well in the booth.

Fan Yilin did. Granted, one of hers was a communal achievement.
That 2015 EF is always fun to talk about. For me it should have been 1. Fan, 2. Komova, 3. Spiridinova
Sam is really good at being technical and not repeating herself too much which is why I think she does well in the booth.
She’s also kind of monotone and dull though.

I liked Bridget and John at the Olympics. Good balance of technical talk, personality, and complaining about the scoring system.

Well after work causing me to miss the competition thus far and my newfound position of not working Saturdays, I completely forgot about EFs today until now.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back