2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 1 (Saturday 11/05)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

anyone know what the roethlisberger is on PB? For reason reason I thought he had one on PH as well
ETA: I found it

Last edited:

Donnell got one of the guaranteed spots because of placing 2nd at trials didn’t he? Or am I misremembering?

Last edited:
They mentioned he has been sick. Some people don’t travel well either. But USAG decided that there would be guaranteed spots from world trials. I suppose it’s an attempt to seem fair.

Last edited:
Wasn’t the biggest disappointment Malone though… I thought I read on here that if he had repeated his AA performance in TF, the US would have won bronze

I mean, it wouldn’t be the first time a US gymnast has competed better for his/herself than for the team. It was the issue with Carly Patterson, too.

Last edited:
If Stephen had repeated his qualifications score, if Brody had done his AA set, of Donnell hadn’t underperformed… lots of scenarios where if the US had done its “normal” where they would have medaled.

A lot of ifs.

Last edited:
8th for Donnell… not his best comp
He was never expected to finish higher than 8th, 14.4 is the best Rings he can do. This was definitely his best event at Worlds.
Also, taking Nedoroscik was a bad move in hindsight
No it wasn’t, nobody else had individual medal potential and nobody else was likely to change the result of the team event.

Did Lopez not get the credit for the vault everyone named for her? The COP doesn’t show it.

The named vaults have the name listed with the vault.

Last edited:
Some gymnasts do seem to do better in certain rounds of competition than others. Raisman, Li Shanshan, Li Ya. The pressures in individual and team competition must feel quite different to some people.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back