Scores

ABC

Quad

VT

UB

BB

FX

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 1.34.46 PM

Could someone please explain to me how Gayla Griswold qualified?
She finished 9th on vault at the Normal regional with a 9.875. Everyone above her was from Oklahoma or Minnesota who qualified full teams. Kennedy Hambrick was 3rd in the AA behind Loper and Ramler, who were qualified with Minnesota, so Hambrick qualified in the AA. Therefore Gayla Griswold advanced.
Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 10.45.02 AM

Last edited:
Looking forward to semi’s! Unfortunately i have a Dinner right at finals time and cannot get out of it…
I just really hope Florida or Utah wins, pleas not Oklahoma again. not sure exactly why, but they rub me the wrong way.

Oklahoma looked like they wanted to give it away for .25 seconds on vault but looked exceptionally at ease the rest of the meet. Didn’t give much away and made it look easy honestly, not too much to be mad about with that performance after vault.

Utah did well to start out above OU after rotation 1, but bars were iffy.

Minnesota took themselves out on beam rotation 1, and Alabama was like “sorry no one’s home” on vault in the last rotation.

Exciting first few rotations, then smooth sailing for Oklahoma and Utah in the last rotation for a yawn of an ending.

Jade Carey looked a little wibbly wobbly all meet imo compared to her usual. Skylar Schulte on beam and Kyla Bryant on floor were both excellent.

Nice job overall ladies, good meet!

Last edited:
Oklahoma definitely looks on fire at this point. I had not anticipated them being this good at the start of the year. Having Olivia Trautman is a huge bonus for them and why they are in contention to win.

I can put this in here right ?

2022 NCAA Championships - WAG SF results after Session 1

Team
  1. Oklahoma 198.1125
  2. Utah 197.7125
  3. Minnesota 197.125
  4. Alabama 197.1000
AA
  1. Jade Carey Oregon State 39.6500
  2. Lexy Ramler Minnesota 39.6125
  3. Maile Okeefe Utah 39.5500
  4. Grace McCallum Utah 39.4125
  5. Ona Loper Minnesota 39.3500

Last edited by a moderator:
Session 1 Leaders
AA:
Jade Carey OREGON STATE 39.650
VT:
Jaedyn Rucker UTAH 9.9625
UB:
Audrey Davis OKLAHOMA 9.950
Jade Carey OREGON STATE 9.950
Lexy Ramler MINNESOTA 9.950
BB:
Lexy Ramler MINNESOTA 9.9375
Luisa Blanco ALABAMA 9.9375
Kara Eaker UTAH 9.9375
Abby Paulson UTAH 9.9375
Maile O’Keefe UTAH 9.9375
FX:
Jordan Bowers OKLAHOMA 9.9625

Jade Carey tying Audrey Davis and Lexy Ramler for the high score on bars is a bit of a cause-to-drink-early.
I already had two spiked seltzers!
Now back to water because I am meeting friends for drinks and then dinner at 7 so I won’t be around for session 2, but will watch when I get back home, so I will be MIA later.
(Don’t worry I am not driving!)

General gripe here. I hate that the AA champ is crowned during the prelims. I know college is all team blah, blah, blah, but the individual champions will most likely all come out of the second session minus vault.

Its a two horse race to the title. I dont think you can take too much from the semi-finals to say one team is going to win. The only thing is Florida and Oklahoma have both been high-performing through the post-season. Yes, Auburn and Utah will be their to put pressure and take advantage of any wobbles, but all things equal, those two cant catch Oklahoma and Florida.

Oh man. I did NOT expect Florida to put my heart through the ringer like that. (Though longer term fans might argue that I should have.) So happy to see them come out on top and for Trinity to get the AA title. There are lots of gymnasts who would have made excellent AA champs this year, but it’s fitting that it’s Trinity after the year she’s had.

I agree with @cuuf that it should be between Florida and Oklahoma if everyone brings their best, we’ll just need to see if they do.

Honestly, being the year’s most celebrated NCAA gymnast with weekly televised meets that all her friends can watch (or attend), a bunch of team-spirit and energy at competitions, and now being crowned national champion x3 with a good chance for the team title… I’m sure this is many times more gratifying than even the most optimistic outcome for elite success (I mean… she could maybe place 10th AA or grab an event final medal or two at a poorly attend Worlds??)

But I get your real intention… you just wanna see her get scored in the elite CoP and dare the judges to justify arbitrarily low E scores 😉

Last edited:
Other than a few routines here or there, I think the judges did a better job than last year. Can I just say how refreshing it is to have no ties for the individual titles? I’ll die on the hill that Ramler was underscored on beam. It was just as strong and slightly better executed than Suni’s routine. Too many great routines on beam were bunched at 9.9375.

Michigan’s semis performance was a pretty good synopsis of their season: a lot of great gymnastics with some costly errors. Praying Wojcik takes a 5th year.

I hope UF doesn’t let the pressure get to them. Despite the outrageous home scoring, they’re the best team competing, and it made me so happy to see Skaggs come 3rd AA. Her plus Wong/Thomas is a hell of an AA trio, probably one of the best all time.

What a finish to Mizzou’s season. Who would’ve thought they’d finish ahead of Bama AND LSU 5 months ago?
Anyone else think Hu should be outscoring Schreiber? Both great beam workers, but Schreiber definitely gets the benefit of being the anchor, and no one showcases flexibility, balance, and originality like Hu. They need to find her a better dismount cause otherwise that’s an auto-10 level routine to me.

You could tell Bama was devastated with how things turned out, but with neutral judging I think they’d have needed Utah to struggle a little more.

Nearly every year it seems Utah gets taken to task on bars by the judges, knocking them out of title contention. They need to be clean cause even Auburn beat them yesterday.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back