2022 NCAA Nationals (April 14-16, 2022)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m sure this is many times more gratifying than even the most optimistic outcome for elite success (I mean… she could maybe place 10th AA or grab an event final medal or two at a poorly attend Worlds??)
Trinity has now expressed interest in working toward a potential run at Paris after finishing with NCAA.
Whether that is summer of 2023 or this summer. It depends if Florida wins the team title. I they do, I can see Trinity ending her NCAA career with 4 NCAA golds.

Trinity has now expressed interest in working toward a potential run at Paris after finishing with NCAA
Her, Wong, Chiles, and McClain/Jones is my dream now that I’ve heard this tidbit. Trinity is way too talented to never compete at a world championships.

Word I am hearing inside the program is that she is leaning towards coming back next year. If they win the title, that might change. But going into this weekend my source indicated more likely than not.

Who would have predicted that kind of floor rotation for Oklahoma? Boy. I wouldn’t have thought it.

ETA: 1st rotation of finals.

Last edited:
Yeah. Looks like Oklahoma is done after that rotation. Will be hard for them to make up .4 on Utah, who have the momentum.
Florida didn’t have the best vault…they needed a 49.5
Auburn had strong bars, if they keep it up, will be right there.

Oklahoma jsust pulled it back with that vault rotation.

Florida will be able to drop McCusker’s bars falling score.

Is Utah trying to give it away too?

Utah, Florida, and Auburn all have to be thanking Oklahoma for that floor rotation. If they had repeated semi-final floor performance with that vault rotation, they would be running away with this.

Super close.
If they have similar performances to semi-finals in the second half the win goes to Florida with Oklahoma just a tenth behind in 2nd.
Utah needs to repeat semi final vault but also improve drastically on bars to hold off Oklahoma and Florida.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 1.56.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 1.56.38 PM.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Sievers 9.975 lead off bar for Oklahoma.
What a joke.

The fix is in.

Every time I see that Utah leotard I grimace. The top front looks tortured.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 2.21.51 PM

Oklahoma getting some gifts on vault and bars.
Florida gave up at least .2 on beam landings.
Oklahoma is in the driver’s seat but will need to do a bit better on beam or hope Florida has an error.
If they repeat semi-finals, Florida wins. But Oklahoma is capable of better on beam.

Maybe this is just feelings and not knowledge but I’m not feeling Oklahoma should win.

Maybe this is just feelings and not knowledge but I’m not feeling Oklahoma should win.
Other than floor they were the best on vault and bars. I would say that they got some favorable scoring. Florida has not been as crisp as they have been and have had lots of landing deductions that they simply can’t afford.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back