2021 Worlds Day 2 EFs

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The judges always slam Murakami for something I can’t figure out. There must be some rule I don’t know because I always have her a couple tenths higher than the panels. (Actually, I think that most of us at Gymnaverse that do scoring tend to.)

I absolutely loved Maria Ceplinschi. It’s a shame that her D-score is not competitive.

That was a barnstomer of a routine from Kohei. Only 14.6, he threw the triple twisting tucked Kovacs and had to somewhat muscle the catch and giant after it… but a suitable way for the greatest to go out.

^^ agreed… Is this the 1st open ended code HB final with no falls?

I really hope it didn’t take 15 years for that to happen.

That was a sensational final, but the judging was pretty suspect, if you ask me. And I am not surprised because the high bar judges always feel this pressure to end the competition with big scores, and then it creates all kinds of inconsistencies in the application of the rules.

1st) Hu Xuwei had all kinds of pirouette deductions. That E-score was absolutely too high, but predictably, they went easy on him.

2-3) I might have missed something (and I definitely will watch this one back later), but I think that Malone should have beaten Hashimoto and probably even won gold. They had VERY similar exercises – just one element different, I believe, and the execution was similar except the dismount. Glad they both medaled, though.

4-5) Sorry everyone. The Italian guy’s exercise was exciting, but Karimi was better. Macchini’s taps were all bent leg, some really bad.

Last edited:
seeing how doug isn’t here and how this turn crediting went, we should all consider whether we won’t find him in a wig on the floor D-panel table
Ha I’ve not seen it yet. Was it the double L to double reverse turn that got downgraded?

I watch that bitch like a hawk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back