2021 Worlds Day 2 EFs

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

But the Code isn’t clear
Well I NEVER!!!

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

This is what happens when you make so many rules. Eventually, some of them contradict each other or prove unnecessary and therefore confusing.

Back when Adrian Stoica was president of the MTC, one of the phrases he constantly said at some trainings was “The Code is clear.” It really annoyed the shit out of the judges because, frankly, the Code was only sometimes as clear as he said it was.

I’ve seen similar comments (slow-mo vs. real time) in reference to a few switch rings, but especially for Leanne Wong’s, and I think I solved it by putting her in super slow motion – if you compare hers to someone like Anna Pavlova, or even someone who isn’t always textbook on this skill, like Konnor McClain, Leanne actually hits that perfect split position for just the tiniest fraction of a second, whereas some others retain it for a tad longer. I think you are a code expert and I believe that her position warrants credit regardless of its duration? But in any case, I think that’s what causes the effect of it looking “off” when viewed in real time.

I bet MANY split positions are deducted for not reaching 180° even though they do … for the exact reason you said.

And it pisses me off.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back