2021 Winter Cup Senior Women

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

We lost ‘fair’ the first time any athlete was excluded from an Olympic qualifying competition because of covid. I think it was the Chinese delegation in Melbourne? ‘Fair’ hasn’t been on the cards for a year. Excluding a cohort of seniors from a competition normally open to seniors certainly wouldn’t have been it either.

It would have also had the added benefit of creating a ridiculous situation wrt continental competition this year. The choice would either have been new seniors being able to win Olympic spots they were excluded from consideration for, or a rule to prevent this and thus 2005 births being ever more screwed over, all in pursuit of an impossible attempt at an unaffected 2020.

Last edited:
Under the circumstances, it’s fortunate that we have Simone to crush the competition. At least this way we won’t have to spend the next 20 years revisiting “what if” scenarios about the AA winner. 😄

I agree with AR, things are way to FUBAR’d for fairness to even be a possibility at this point.

Last edited:
Yes, there is that. Unless Simone were to get injured, we already know for certain the destination of the majority of the golds.

Last edited:
You’re right. I probably should have said TF, AA, FX, and VT golds.

We can fight about beam and bars I guess.

Last edited:
well, Simone will not get Gold in Bars. I would say that makes her human, but . . . . .it doesn’t. 🐐

Last edited:
I’m going to miss Simone. It’s been a real pleasure to watch one of the all time greats. However, it would be nice to see wide open competitions again. My hope for her is that she dominates the Olympics and goes out on a high.

Last edited:
I am going to miss her incredibly. Right now I can not imagine WAG without her. It has been a true thrill watching her. But . . . . .I agree to some extent it will be nice to see more open competition.

Last edited:
My first post on the new Website!

Not sure if I am doing this right - but the link to live judging is here:

I need to figure out how to add all the old contacts over. Hopefully judges should be getting an email soon!? If you don’t, can you DM me (are DM’s even on here?!) with your email address and I’;; send an edit link.

Also - how do we watch this? I dont have NBC so might have to wait for USAG videos.

Last edited:
Ha I’m still figuring this out!

Ok, invites sent if you were on the 2019 Worlds sheet. Let me know if anyone else wants to join in!

Last edited:
Yay, Doug made it!

Ah, it’s all coming together. A new website. Band getting back together. Televised competitions. Judging spreadsheet.

I feel a tear forming.

Last edited:
Hey Doug, asked for access.Thank you for doing this.

ETA - I’m in, yay!

Last edited:
Let’s gooooooooooo!

I missed watching Scam 2020 because I was travelling that day. Been so long since I’ve watched gymnastics on TV.

I don’t have a cable provider or regular TV. Does anyone have a link for US streaming?

Last edited:
Nastia appears to be wearing lounging/pajama pants.

Laurie looks fit.

Still rid of Al. Thank Prod.

Last edited:
What a grim color scheme.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back