2021 Winter Cup Senior Women

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m so stressed I am think I am beyond stress if you know what I mean. We are all trying to figure out how to work virtually. And how to contend with a constantly changing landscape, as they open and close courts for jury trials etc. I had covid but got through it without much trouble. As did my husband before me.

Last edited:
I was Rio2016 on WWGym, but after a pandemic’s deep dive into the golden age I had no choice but to reinvent my aesthetic hahaha

Last edited:
I can’t remember for sure what my wwgym name was. I was katiebird either there or on IG and maybe something similar on the other. I was on for quite a while but mostly just lurked

Last edited:
Last edited:
Aw, Jade Carey calling Riley and inviting her to train in Arizona made me a little teary.

Last edited:
I did not get teary but i thought it was great. Good to see Riley looking and sounding so good. I am a fan of both of these girls.

Last edited:
I’m so glad Riley seems to be happier and enjoying her gymnastics more. I like her as a gymnast anyway, but I ESPECIALLY hope she makes the Olympic team just to rub it in Maggie Haney’s cruel narcissistic face.

ALSO: I was previously ambergirl on WWGYM. Have zero memory of selecting that name and no clue why I did. I have never used it anywhere else, so I switched.

Last edited:
I was “ricky” at wwgym, but now I am older and wiser, so Richard it is. Good to see everyone!

Last edited:
We’ll see who actually competes… here are the minutes…

A. Recommendation that if an athlete is unable to fully compete in the 2021 Winter Cup or unable
to fully participate in the 2021 March National Team Camp due to extenuating circumstances
(injury, illness, COVID restrictions, etc.), an athlete who meets the following requirements may
petition to the 2021 National Team.
  1. An athlete who won an individual medal at World Championships in the current quad (2017-
    2019).
  2. An athlete who is currently on the National Team and won an individual medal at a World
    Cup in the current quad (2017-2020).

Last edited:
So these athletes may petition:
World Championships
  • Carey
  • Biles
  • Hurd
  • Lee
World Cup Medalist and Current NT member
  • Wong
  • McCallum
  • McCusker
  • DiCello
  • Chiles

Last edited:
That seems such a low number of individual worlds medallists for the US! Especially when they’ve not lost any along the way. Last quad there was Biles, Ross, Maroney, Skinner, Douglas, Kocian and Nichols, so 5 remaining by this stage even with a higher attrition rate. And in 2009-12 there were even more: Sloan, Bross, Hong, Williams, Sacramone, Raisman, Wieber and Maroney.

Last edited:
So if Memmel doesn’t compete at Winter Cup, she has no hope of making the National team or Tokyo? I think I remember her saying in one of her recent videos that she won’t be competing at this meet. But I could be wrong. I adore Chellsie, but I think Tokyo would be an extreme stretch for her, but National team she should be good for.

Last edited:
emmade said:
So if Memmel doesn’t compete at Winter Cup, she has no hope of making the National team or Tokyo?
No, Winter Cup is not required. Memmel is going to go to camps.

The first camp up is a selection camp on March 11th, I don’t know if Memmel is aiming for that one or waiting until April. She mentioned in a chat somewhere (can’t remember where) that the “first classic” will be in April, I take that to mean the American Classic which is just a camp meet now. She can qualify to Nationals via that or the US Classic in June.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back