2021 Winter Cup Senior Women

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Can’t Chellsie try to get into the 2021 March National Team Camp to participate and then go to US Championships in June?

Last edited:
If Chellsie does have ambitions to compete for the US again, which is nowhere near a given, I wonder if she might do better to sit out the Tokyo selection process altogether, and aim to peak for worlds? That should be much less competitive. She could still have the fun of going to US Nationals, just not try and be at her best then.

Last edited:
Chellsie would have to receive an invitation to the March camp. They are no longer open, it is going to be a strict limit on the athletes that will be in attendance.

She can probably verify via video, which is what Butler, Frazier, and Jones did to get to go to Tokyo last fall.

Last edited:
She would have to receive an invitation. I think she can submit video to the IEEC to get invited.

Last edited:
She was already invited to come up to a private camp to show Forster what she could do prior to her ankle injury. I can’t imagine any reason why she wouldn’t be invited again, as she’s currently back to the level she was at when she received her first invitation (and further along on UB.)

She discusses her camp invite in this video: at 4:10

Last edited:
ArnoldRimmer said:
I wonder if she might do better to sit out the Tokyo selection process altogether, and aim to peak for worlds?
It doesn’t seem at this point that she is avoiding going for Tokyo, but she is open to also trying for Worlds.

dbMXRzy.png

^^ From the live chat on the side of this video:

That seems a sensible take. The Olympic selection process is going to be as brutal as usual, and worlds potentially the easiest US team to make for ages.

Last edited:
Not to mention that there is no team competition at Worlds this year and with it being individual, it will be interesting to see how the team is selected.

I also see other athletes going for Worlds too. So it could be kinda competitive.
Hurd had always planned to go to 2021 Worlds, but with the Olympics postponed I wonder if that would happen if she makes the Olympic Team.
I can also see Skinner holding out for Worlds, especially if she runs out of preparation time for Olympic process. she would be a front runner for VT gold.
Faith Torrez could use this opportunity to step up and make a run for Worlds since she has one more year of senior competition before college. She has made rapid growth.
Also, 2005 girls who were initially looking for this to be their senior break out meet before the pandemic might be motived to get to the meet.
DiCello, who has an outside chance at the Olympics would be a steady and strong AAer that could challenge for the AA title. McCain would be right there with her.
Hernandez might be another athlete that could attempt Worlds if the Olympics doesn’t pan out.

It’s good for the US because if someone goes to Worlds and does well there maybe they will stick around for 2022, which would help team depth in Birmingham in a 5/4/3, 5/3/3 meet.

After all Biles has stated she plans to retire and almost the entirety of the National Team/potential NT members/Olympians will head to NCAA.
McCusker, McCallum, Eaker, Chiles, Malabuyo, Hurd (fall of 2022), Finnegan, S Lee, E Lee, Blakely, Jones, Wong will likely move from elite to NCAA following the Olympics and Carey is already taking classes at OSU with Thomas currently competing and would be going into her senior year.

Last edited:
irichluck21 said:
After all Biles has stated she plans to retire and almost the entirety of the National Team/potential NT members/Olympians will head to NCAA.
McCusker, McCallum, Eaker, Chiles, Malabuyo, Hurd (fall of 2022), Finnegan, S Lee, E Lee, Blakely, Jones, Wong will likely move from elite to NCAA following the Olympics
Sloane Blakely has already dropped back to level 10.

Last edited:
Wow, it’s so great to see you all again. I’ve missed this place. I’ll admit that the new aesthetic is tripping me up after all those years in the old forum, but I’ll get used to it!

Anyway. Winter Cup. I would have expected to be more excited about it than I am, but I guess between the pandemic and the uncertainty about whether I’ll be able to watch, I’m having a heard time feeling engaged. I think my brain might be in a parallel universe where gymnastics doesn’t really happen, and will likely stay there the pandemic is over. But the line ups … wow.

Anyway, I’m mostly posting because reading all the comments on this thread gave me the feels and I’m so happy to see all these familiar faces. Also, ■■■■ Flo.

Last edited:
Winter Cup Roster

Arizona
Jade Carey, Phoenix, Ariz., Arizona Sunrays, senior

California
Ciena Alipio, San Jose, Calif., Midwest Gymnastics Center, senior
Emily Lee, Los Gatos, Calif., West Valley Gymnastics School, senior
Nola Matthews, Gilroy, Calif., Airborne Gymnastics Training Center, junior
Autumn Reingold, Van Nuys, Calif., Gymnastics Olympica USA, junior
Paloma Spiridonova, Torrance, Calif., WOGA Gymnastics, junior
Tiana Sumanasekera, Pleasanton, Calif., West Valley Gymnastics School, junior

Florida
Charlotte Booth, Clermont, Fla., Brandy Johnson’s Global Gymnastics, junior

Georgia
Alonna Kratzer, Suwanee, Ga., Top Notch Training Center, senior

Illinois
Hailey Klein, Lake Forest, Ill., Flips Gymnastics North Shore, senior

Louisiana
Ella Kate Parker, West Monroe, La., Cincinnati Gymnastics, junior

Maryland
Kayla DiCello, Boyds, Md., Hill’s Gymnastics, senior

Minnesota
Levi Jung-Ruivivar, Maple Grove, Minn., Twin City Twisters, junior
Temple Landry, Maple Grove, Minn., Twin City Twisters, senior
Sunisa Lee, St. Paul, Minn., Midwest Gymnastics Center, senior
Elle Mueller, Ham Lake, Minn., Twin City Twisters, senior
Lyden Saltness, Chisago City, Minn., Midwest Gymnastics Center, senior

Nebraska
Lexi Zeiss, Omaha, Neb., Omaha Gymnastics Academy, senior

Nevada
Sienna Robinson, Las Vegas, Nev., Browns Gymnastics Las Vegas, senior

New Jersey
eMjae Frazier, Erial, N.J., Parkettes National Gymnastics Center, senior
Laurie Hernandez, Old Bridge, N.J., Gym-Max Gymnastics, senior
Riley McCusker, Brielle, N.J., Arizona Sunrays, senior

New York
Olivia Greaves, Staten Island, N.Y., World Champions Centre, senior

Ohio
Shilese Jones, Westerville, Ohio, Future Gymnastics Academy, senior
Lilly Lippeatt, Mason, Ohio, Cincinnati Gymnastics, senior

Pennsylvania
Addison Fatta, Wrightsville, Pa., Prestige Gymnastics, senior
Lucy Tobia, Schnecksville, Pa., Parkettes National Gymnastics Center, junior

Texas
Sydney Barros, Lewisville, Texas, Texas Dreams Gymnastics, senior
Skye Blakely, Frisco, Texas, WOGA Gymnastics, senior
Amari Drayton, Spring, Texas, World Champions Centre, senior
Karis German, Spring, Texas, World Champions Centre, senior
Madray Johnson, Dallas, Texas, WOGA Gymnastics, junior
Katelyn Jong, Allen, Texas, Metroplex Gymnastics, junior
Kaliya Lincoln, Frisco, Texas, WOGA Gymnastics, junior
Emma Malabuyo, Flower Mound, Texas, Texas Dreams Gymnastics, senior
Zoe Miller, Spring, Texas, World Champions Centre, senior
Zoey Molomo, Frisco, Texas, Metroplex Gymnastics, junior
Michelle Pineda, Allen, Texas, Metroplex Gymnastics, junior
Joscelyn Roberson, Texarkana, Texas, North East Texas Elite Gymnastics, junior
Katelyn Rosen, Boerne, Texas, Mavericks Gymnastics, senior
Ashlee Sullivan, Richardson, Texas, WOGA Gymnastics, junior

Washington
Jordan Chiles, Vancouver, Wash., World Champions Centre, senior

West Virginia
Konnor McClain, Cross Lanes, W.Va., Revolution Gymnastics, senior

Wisconsin
Faith Torrez, Bristol, Wis., Legacy Elite Gymnastics, senior

Last edited:
thanks… I thought Simone was going to compete though…

Last edited:
Took me a minute to realize Riley was still listed under New Jersey–I’m looking forward to seeing her in action again! Interesting that there’s no Morgan–still coming back from the elbow surgery?

Last edited:
Morgan’s entire gym doesn’t seem to be participating. No Love, no Sydney Morris, no Zoe Gravier… 😦

Last edited:
You’re right–probably COVID-related then. Hopefully just precautionary to keep them all safe

Last edited:
Darn. I’m bummed that Morgan won’t be there. :confused:

Last edited:
Finally, rosters!

Reminder, this takes place Saturday at 12;30 and will be broadcast on NBC

Live results: https://myusagym.com/meets/live/77500/

I’d say half of the big names are missing, which is disappointing; I guess they intend to petition to the national team (Biles, Hurd, McCollum, all the GAGE gymnasts). Lots of first year seniors I’m excited to see. Several seniors I’ve never heard of before. Emma Malabuyo lives! And Laurie Hernandez is finally back in action.

Ciena Alipio
Sydney Barros
Skye Blakely
Jade Carey
Jordan Chiles
Kayla DiCello
Amari Drayton
Addison Fatta
eMjae Frazier
Karis German
Olivia Greaves
Laurie Hernandez
Hailey Klein
Shilese Jones
Alonna Kratzer
Temple Landry
Emily Lee
Sunisa Lee
Lilly Lippeatt
Emma Malabuyo
Konnor McClain
Riley McCusker
Zoe Miller
Elle Mueller
Sienna Robinson
Katelyn Rosen
Lyden Saltness
Faith Torrez
Lexi Zeiss

Last edited by a moderator:
But you would think with the lack of competition, they would have been eager to get into the groove again. Gotta knock the rust off. Excepting Simone, of course. She’s unrustable, I’m sure.

Apparently not all seniors will be competing at 12:30 Saturday. Some will compete with the juniors on Sunday. Best I can tell the exact break-down isn’t posted yet, but I’m guessing it’ll be the “unknown” seniors who get stuck on Sunday.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back