2021 Winter Cup Senior Women

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah, I did that but the system stripped out the quote automatically. I thought it was because JaJa’s reply was right above mine but yours worked. :confused: oh well, it will take time to figure out the quirks. I changed the theme…and then changed right back. But I also got an icon like all the cool kids, so I are accomplished!

Competition question: did this comp have the international vault values or did usag do the downgrade thing?

Actually thought they had played the wrong music by mistake as I couldn’t see where there was any link to her routine. So her artistry score should be down. Also those wolf turns at the beginning, I could see well over a mark being taken just for those. I’m not surprised at all by a 7.9 e score.

Oh, I agree that her connection to the music was utterly non-existent. I’m just not used to USAG judges properly utilizing that deduction (Aly Raisman…MyKayla Skinner…). Same with dance skills, unless someone totally botches things.

Al The Wig is permanently removed from gymnastics commentary after NBC received thousands of complaints about his treatment of Simone Biles. He kept calling her parents her grandparents. Even when he was told to stop it, he refused to and would say “mom and dad” but never said parents. He also stated on Twitter that he would not call them her parents because they were NOT her parents even if she called them mom and dad.

Aimee Boorman called him out on Twitter as well. I wonder if USAG said something to NBC about it as well.

He has always been an insensitive scumbag. Glad that NBC finally did something about it.

Last edited:
Scoring on BB was very lenient in my opinion. No way is Chiles getting 8.300 on either UB or BB at an international level.

Oh yeah they have already reassigned him to other sporting events. So they didn’t can him but he is done with gymnastics. Terry Gannon was the back up and now he is covering gymnastics full time. I personally like him the best. Never cared for John Tesh and hated Trautwig with a passion ever since 1998 when he covered the American Cup and kept screwing up the names of the gymnasts and/or their countries. He got pissed when he was corrected and said “Whatever! I will get it right eventually.” Which I thought was completely unprofessional. He had many cringe worthy comments over the years. I stopped counting how many sexual innuendos he made in regard to the male gymnasts.

Last edited:
Blockquote Completely different Leo than teammate Suni Lee.
Yeah it was weird that Alipio had a different leotard. I wonder since she just switched over if perhaps they didn’t have a leotard for her. Lyden Saltness (LOVE that name) had the same leotard as Suni Lee. Which was the best leotard in my opinion.

Someone mentioned that Kayla DiCello scratched the meet, but I believe that she never even attended. She was not at podium training.

She was on the roster. So she at least was planning to attend a week ahead of time.

I hope she is not injured. Was sort of hoping to see how she was doing now

I was so happy to see Chiles do the thing yesterday! Her dance elements on FX are skanky, but she is finally living up to the incredible potential she showed back in 2013-4. I’m really hoping she is on the team. My dream team at this point would be Chiles, McClain, Simone, and Suni.

I’m really concerned about Suni’s injury though, I hope she can get back to her 2019 level. I don’t see any way she doesn’t at least get the +1 spot if she can at least land a UB dismount.

irichluck21 said:
Al The Wig is permanently removed from gymnastics commentary after NBC received thousands of complaints about his treatment of Simone Biles. He kept calling her parents her grandparents. Even when he was told to stop it, he refused to and would say “mom and dad” but never said parents. He also stated on Twitter that he would not call them her parents because they were NOT her parents even if she called them mom and dad.
Once again, Simone “uses” her power for good.

Any idea what happened to Elfie?

Last edited:
If Suni can keep her AA going at a high level, she’s got to be next after Simone on the team. Then I think Grace and Morgan (or maybe Mykayla to provide a VT/FX bump none of the others can). Didn’t see enough of Konnor to have an opinion. I could see giving Suni the other + spot if her injuries keep her from being fully AA ready.

Right. But she didn’t “scratch” the meet. She didn’t attend the competition. There is a difference.

Also, the roster was posted a week ago, but when was the deadline for entry? Could have been a month ago or more.

Likely thought she would be ready to compete and then figured out it was better to skip.

Agreed. He at least comes off like he respects the athletes as athletes. (Terry, I mean). Now, who can we get to take Tim’s place? He isn’t crotchety enough (or informative enough) to get the Dick Button pass but I can’t think of a recent or semi-recent male gymnast who would be any better…Nastia is still young enough that she can be made to up her game with some lessons on identifying skills for the viewer and not saying that each dismount was “strong” when she had her chest down and took a step or whatever.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back