2021 Winter Cup Senior Women

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It was great to watch a real meet again but did anyone else find the experience a bit … disorienting? I guess it just really hit home how much has changed since we last had a serious competition, both in the gymnastics world and the world as a whole.

Yea, I am trying to think of the word. Not disorienting exactly . . .but sad. I kept thinking how great these girls were just to be out there competing in this suboptimal environment.

Your comment made me laugh out loud. Look, maybe this is some serious fashion forward thing that you and I just do not get. Shiny purple pajama pants.

I agree with all three of you. Bad situation, no matter how you slice it. Ugh.

There was the Tokyo meet last fall, but that was like the gymnastics equivalent of a fun run.

I didn’t actually think too much about the environment, @JaJa, the tight shots kept it out of my mind for the most part. But this time last year, I think that Maggie had just been suspended (or maybe not even), we didn’t know Riley or Laurie’s stories, or the TD stories (which admittedly kinda fell off the map), JG was just suspended, not charged/dead, we hadn’t heard stories of abuse from multiple countries, and oh, also the world was still running fairly normally. I know it’s been a weird year but somehow seeing something nearly normal made me realise just how much we’ve absorbed over the past 12 months.

Literally sitting here in gym clothes. I just swap out tops when I have to “appear”.

Yeah, they kept mentioning her silver at Nationals without ever mentioning it was kinda a fluke. She’s always been talented but bad coaching really held her back and it has been a long slog to realize her potential.

(I’m still trying to figure out the quoting on the new site, I tried to quote JaJa so it was obvious who I was replying to, but the system automatically removed the quote. Using the “reply” says in the top corner who it is in reply to, but not which actual post and everything is in line so the replies might be several posts later. Is there a nested view that puts the main post and then all the reply posts in a group together?)

Last edited:
(I’m still trying to figure out the quoting on the new site, I tried to quote JaJa so it was obvious who I was replying to, but the system automatically removed the quote. Using the “reply” says in the top corner who it is in reply to, but not which actual post and everything is in line so the replies might be several posts later. Is there a nested view that puts the main post and then all the reply posts in a group together?)
Before you hit reply to open a box to type, try highlighting the line from the post you want to quote, a tiny box should auto pop up that says quote, when you click that it opens a reply box for you with the quote in it.

That’s what I did just now, but if that isn’t working for you then maybe the feature it isn’t working on all browsers.

That’s what I did just now, but if that isn’t working for you then maybe the feature it isn’t working on all browsers
That’s how it works.

World Champions Centre is building up. I looked at the roster and saw this:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back