2020 Event Finals Day 1 MAG FX/PH WAG VT/UB (Sunday, August 1, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

But that ND should have been the tie-breaker. Dolgopyat went OOB and that should have been taken out of his score so there wouldn’t have been a tie.
It’s a neutral deduction, it’s not part of the E-score. So I guess it’s E first, then D, and then ND (which wouldn’t be necessary anymore, because if E and D are equal, any ND would differentiate the scores).

I truly hope this is the only tie we’ll see these days

well i suppose they all knew the tie break rules before hand so nobody will be complaining that they were implemented. But it is annoying to see it unfold.

Zapata didn’t do his new skill (straight front DLO 1.5X) despite reports he would. He might rue that. Did he do it in qualifications? Several new skills not being competed here which is a shame.

Last edited:
Zapata didn’t do his new skill (front DLO 1.5X) despite reports he would. He might rue that. Did he do it in qualifications? Several new skills not being competed here which is a shame.
I thought he did? I am still asleep though lol

I don’t think it would have been worth it. 0.2 up in d but clearly much harder to land, the position when he debuted it wasn’t great

I don’t think he did it in qualifications; he had the same difficulty score there as in the final.

I think he already got it named for himself at a world cup (Doha?), right?

He did it tucked I believe (also named after him).

It’s not like they don’t piss around in the middle anyway. There’s almost always some dead time between walking in and out and medal ceremonies at events. And I always used to love watching the warming up!

AAAGHHHH the masks are driving me crazy… I want to see the emotion.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back