WAG/MAG Podium Training Notes/ Quick Hits/ Reports (Wed. July 21- Thurs. July 22)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

His achilles is not back to 100% and it doesn’t have to be. Most gymnasts competing have various issues like Sam Mikulak’s wrist problems. I already aired my suspicion. No matter what, only irresponsible athletes on PEDs get caught.

Reactions: L_R
Did anyone find a stream? I found a legit one for quals if anyone in the UK needs one.

I am getting so excited for WAG podium training tonight/tomorrow morning. Is Melnikova’s cheng ready? How are Jade’s ankles? How do the Chinese gymnasts look on beam?

Discovery+ sport is streaming all of them (qualifications, not podium, as far as I can see!). You can sign up for a free trial and cancel before the days are up without charge, but you will need to enter card details. I think we’d need the Entertainment+sports package, but not 100% sure.
ETA: looks like they have separate apparatus streams as well!
(Search “qualification sessions” to bring up the qualification gymnastics stream links)
https://www.discoveryplus.co.uk

Last edited:
Thanks, Gymfan93! I’ve bookmarked your post–maybe we can have it pinned for all?

Does anyone know if Peacock will show all of the qualification sessions or do I need to get Discovery plus?

Akhaimova officially registered as team for ROC. Does this mean we are getting Gelya on beam in TF?

Last edited:
This twitch user streamed MAG podium, so fingers crossed they cover WAG as well:
ETA: Never mind. You had to pay for MAG. Disappointing. I’ll post if I find another anywhere.

Last edited:
“It’s Vlada. She is having trouble with her floor exercise, the front twisting. Poor thing. We will have no choice but to use Lilia and hope for the best.”–Valentina in my nightmare journal

I would have rather have gerasimova on the team but maybe this takes the pressure off of her and she can do a decent… never mind I was writing it and I just couldn’t bring myself to fully believe it midway

Does anyone know if Peacock will show all of the qualification sessions or do I need to get Discovery plus?
No Kathy,
Only the USA MAG and WAG subdivisions are going to be shown on Peacock, if you want to watch the others you have to go to NBCOlympics
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 6.53.44 PM

Last edited:
At this point with the shenanigans they have pulled i have to imagine everything is on the table. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they flew Nabieva to anchor beam.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back