WAG/MAG Podium Training Notes/ Quick Hits/ Reports (Wed. July 21- Thurs. July 22)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Q : You did vault and floor today. Were you scared when the doctors cleared you to try those?

A: I haven’t been cleared to try them. I didn’t wait [for the doctors] to tell to I’m allowed to try. When I was discharged from the hospital, the recommendations said that I could only start running and walking in six months. Three months have passed. Do you think I waited until I’d be told I’m allowed to run and jump? Of course not! So, based on my sensations and my experience in the sport I took some steps day after day in order to start walking and then jumping. Yes, it was difficult. At first, even putting weight on the foot was difficult. Literally, three weeks ago I still couldn’t stand on one leg. Today, I’m running and tumbling. A bit. Carefully.

Yeah so I’ll be drinking when he goes now… oh my god.

Last edited:
WHY is he even bothering to do FX or VT if he ISN’T doing them in team finals?

LUNACY

Apparently the idea is that he’s ready in case one of the other three gets injured and he has to step in. Safety first! It would be a legitimate tactic for someone with two fully functioning Achilles tendons.

I mean, it’s more than a dodgy Achilles that’s stopping him being usable there!

I wonder if he still has AA aspirations… I wouldn’t be shocked if he tried…

But seriously, what happens if his Achilles doesn’t make it through prelims? They would be royally fucked.

They will, I’d assume they would want him to be able to contribute a routine if it’s that or a 0 rather than just after a fall.

Videos are starting top pop up. I don’t know how to copy one from Facebook, but here’s one from Instagram.

I’m no medic, but I honestly didn’t think it was possible for someone who had properly torn their Achilles to be able to do that less than three months later.

I’m no medic, but I honestly didn’t think it was possible for someone who had properly torn their Achilles to be able to do that less than three months later.
I could barely walk after 3 months after my surgery, I think I was still in my boot on crutches in fact

I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes small doses of HGH. It does wonders for recovery.

I figure that either 1) RUS Fed exaggerated the injury 2) he is really not recovered and is risking re-injury or 3) they gave him drugs which are about to be banned.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back