WAG/MAG Podium Training Notes/ Quick Hits/ Reports (Wed. July 21- Thurs. July 22)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

What does that have to do with not wearing a mask when it is supposed to happen per Tokyo policy?

Also, with one positive COVID test in team USA already, with someone who was fully vaxxed, you would think the athletes would take it seriously. Moldaeur, Yoder and Mikulak had masks on almost immediately after they were done competing.
Granted as I watched more podium, Wiskus also was relatively without mask.

Kara Eaker was “healthy” and had no symptoms and yet she is in the situation she is in…

Finally, you are a visitor in a foreign country who has put specific mandates in place to host the Olympics during a pandemic, be respectful and follow the requests made.

Last edited:
It is not “Coronophobia”.

Facts are facts. Science is science.

“Healthy” vaccinated people can contract Covid and pass it on to others, the vaccine does not exclude you from getting the virus.

Tokyo has put in place specific procedures to protect the athletes as well as their own citizens, many of whom wished for the Olympics to be cancelled.
No spectators of any kind, social distancing at meals, and mask wearing at all times unless actively competing or eating.

I totally agree with you on this. I think part of the reason some of the guys are very quick to mask might be partially because they have been training at the Olympic training center, which probably had strict protocols. In a lot of Sam’s gym videos it looked like he even warmed up in a mask when he was in the gym. This also partially explains why it seems like the US men in general are better with masking protocols since the women are largely used to their own gyms policies some of which may have been extremely lax based on videos and photos that we have seen throughout the year.

I am currently scoring PT routines and am wondering if you all used the second set of UB routines. For vault, I used everyone’s best attempt to score, so I’m thinking I’ll do the same on UB.

I knew a high school gymnast, Jenny Covers (ended up competing for Minnesota), who used Carol of the Bells for her floor music. I think it’s cool. It’s a Christmas song that I would always make up floor choreography to.

Last edited:
I have 8.1 for Guan Chenchen (-0.1 for artistry)

Ssl mount + ssl 1/2 + FF DDB .4
RO + blo + sj BEB .3
Ssl + Johnson + straddle 1/2 crossways + split jump 1/2 crossways CCDD .5
Fhs + front tuck BD .2
Sl + free walkover + straddle + Korbut BDBB .3
Turn A
DP E
EEDDDDDD 3.4 + 2.0 + 1.7 = 7.1

my total: 15.2

For Ou Yushan, 8.7 (-0.0 for artistry)

Soares E
Fhs + front tuck BD .2