WAG/MAG Podium Training Notes/ Quick Hits/ Reports (Wed. July 21- Thurs. July 22)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Andrade having a Cheng certainly makes the AA race a whole lot more interesting. It seems despite the initial hype Melnikova’s Cheng was spotted and she indicated she is unsure if she will perform it.
Blockquote

The top tier international girls could be in the fight for silver, not just bronze.

A fully healthy Andrade, with a Cheng, could get a 57.

“ Carey’s original element is so complex that it would merit its own difficulty category, becoming the first K-level element in either the Men’s or Women’s Artistic Gymnastics Code of Points.

With 6.6 being the highest Difficulty score that a gymnast can currently obtain on this apparatus, Biles’s new vault has no comparison in the Women’s Code of Points. The Women’s Artistic Gymnastics Technical Committee used the Men’s Artistic Gymnastics Code of Points as a reference to determine the value this vault should have.”

Sanne is pretty smart in trying to get the 2.5 turn on beam named after her. I can’t believe it hasn’t already been submitted!

I still don’t think the Carey on FX is worth it for Tokyo. She should play it smart and just do Moors, Silivas, etc. It’s not like they’re going to pip Simone, and if they’re worried they can’t qualify through with her existing difficulty, then the issue isn’t on the D-panel. Then again, Carey’s whole shtick is D-panel on floor.

She should just do it at a World/Challenge Cup, if she is ever does it. Easier said than done with peaking, traveling, NCAA, and everything, but that’s exactly why those meets exist. There would be no pressure or consequences on the line, unlike Olympic qualifications and finals.

Last edited:
Ha that sigh at the end.

Jade can literally not give two single fucks about what Tom thinks. He can’t change her line ups, her scores, her nothing.

ETA: I wonder if her dad gave her a heads up, like “Tom might start trying to talk to you, just zone him out, nod and say yeah”

Last edited:
They would be fools to lie on the 990 given the scrutiny they hopefully are under with a lawsuit to settle with all the survivors. (Plus aren’t they in bankruptcy.)

Skinner is really good at pretending to care what he said.

I know. But I did not mean to imply a deliberate lie. There would be no reason for it. You would be amazed at the errors that get made. I just find it hard to believe he earns less than $100,000.00. It’s not that much money. But maybe he does.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back