WAG/MAG Podium Training Notes/ Quick Hits/ Reports (Wed. July 21- Thurs. July 22)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Does he live in Indy?

Maybe they gave him a car and an apt a la TrumpOrg.

Has anyone mentioned what the floor in the practice gym is like? How comparable is it to the competition floor? How wise is it to perform it in competition when Jade hasn’t done one on the actual floor?

I hope she gets a medal.

I normally assume the second US AAer is good for silver, but there are several strong contenders including Andrade.

I don’t know if that was totally intentional. I slowed down to “make sure,” but to me it looks like she was slightly imbalanced and improvised well --she’s not totally on her supporting leg, her hip is somewhat dropped. She did compete a Y 1.5 intentionally in 2011, so perhaps she trained the 2.5 too, but I never saw any footage of it

I meant it’s partly intentional in that she decided to put the free leg down after 2.5 turns. Not planned, though, no.

Is there a big difference in D-score between Biles and Chiles on bars? I’m at work and couldn’t find it quickly/spend too much time searching.

I find Chiles much more pleasant to watch on bars. It’s so dynamic and smooth at the same time, with nice rythm. Biles seems to be working and fighting (sometimes struggling) more. Chiles’ form looks better too.

Yet Biles seems to outscore Chiles everytime. I’m not a judge, so I’m wondering if the D-score difference is big. Also, I’m not sure deductions for “less smoothnes”, etc. exist 😆

Chiles’s UB is at a 5.9 while Simone has a 6.2. Much of the difference is the dismount, with the Fabrichnova garnering 0.2 more than a full-in.

Last edited:
Actually with the 0.1 OOB on Carey’s Amanar, NF and I have them tied 😉

You have Skinner 0.05 ahead.

Last edited:
Oh yes! I didn’t add the ND

To be honest, my instinct was that Skinner would have qualified over Jade. I hope Jade can land that amanar ok tomorrow.

It is essentially why Marta used Nichols in all events in 2015 TF.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back