Trinity Thomas to try for 2024!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Dancing Queen Happy Dance GIF

Whilst doing a masters and coaching the Gators?!
Y’know. Just Trinity doing Trinity things. She also competed in multiple sports–diving for sure, maybe also swimming and track?–before Florida.

She was my favorite NCAA gymnast, so I’m immoderately excited. I actually squealed out loud when I saw the news, prompting my eight year-old to ask, “What, Mommy?” The answer met a world-weary eyeroll. I offered to show her videos of Trinity in action, and she flatly declined. Kids these days!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spitballing, let’s work some numbers

Weiler 1/2 (D) Maloney (D) Tkachev (D) .3
Nabieva (F) Pak (D) .2
Clear hip 1/1 (D) Van Leeuwen (E) .1
DLO (D)

CR 2.0
CV 0.6 - 2.6
DMT 0.2 - 2.8
1F 0.6 - 3.4
1E 0.5 - 3.9
6D 2.4 - 6.3

Switch leap mount (D)
Switch 1/2 (D)
One arm BHS (B) LOSO (C) LOSO (X) .2
Switch leap (C) Split jump (B) Korbut (B) .1
Switch side (C)
Front aerial (D) Straddle jump (B) BHS (B) .2
Aerial cartwheel (D)
Full turn (A)
RO (B) 2.5 (D)

CR 2.0
CV 0.5 - 2.5
DMT 0.2 - 2.7
5D 2.0 - 4.7
3C 0.9 - 5.6

Switch 1/1 (D)
FTDLO (H)
DLO (F) Split jump (A) .1
Switch leap (B)… Tour jete 1/2 (C) Popa (C)
FLO 1/1 (C) Rudi (C) .1
Double pike (D)

CR 2.0
CV 0.2 - 2.2
DMT 0.2 - 2.4
1H 0.8 - 3.2
1F 0.6 - 3.8
2D 0.8 - 4.6
4C 1.2 - 5.8

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — She stood on the floor of Fort Worth’s Dickies Arena less than three months ago with tears in her eyes, reflecting on her Gators gymnastics career.
Trinity Thomas was all smiles Wednesday morning.

Thomas was back at Florida’s training studio to discuss the latest development on her prolific journey in the sport: her quest to earn a spot on the 2024 U.S. Olympic Team in the Paris Summer Olympics.

"I’ve been thinking about it for a while,‘’ Thomas said. “It’s one more year of gymnastics. I love gymnastics. It can be as big or as small as I want it to be. I still have fuel in the tank. Let’s see how much.”

Limited by an injured lower right leg, Thomas capped her UF career in April at the NCAA Championships, thrilling the crowd on the final day by recording the 28th perfect 10 of her career to finish tied for first on the all-time list. Thomas announced last week that she is returning to UF this fall to continue her education and serve as a student-assistant coach.

That news scored a perfect 10 in Gator Nation. Thomas is a fan favorite at the O’Dome and one of the most popular athletes on campus the past five years.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back