Teams are starting to come in for 2022 World Championship in Liverpool, England

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Heheh 😆

I’m curious to see how she’ll handle Liverpool. Derwael is very experienced but it’s still been a long time since her last big competition.

I still have Italy as my favorite for second. The problem now is basically they’re relying on two gymnasts to compete AA in team final. Villa has FX back so their loss of Andreoli isn’t AS tragic, but it’s looking like at least half a point down. I think China will lose a lot to Italy on VT and FX and their UB and BB won’t be enough to make it up if Italy hits, methinks. I don’t know enough about Brazil’s team to determine if they have the third score on every event to push them up above Italy, but I know Flavia’s UB can be mid 13 or mid 12 depending on the day. I would love to see them medal, though. I think they’ll be fighting with China.

I think GB’s bronze last was everything coming together at the right time, but I feel like we won’t see lightning strike twice in Liverpool.

Germany

WAG: Anna-Lena König, Emma Malewski, Pauline Schäfer-Betz, Karina Schönmaier, Elisabeth Seitz.

MAG: Lukas Dauser, Nils Dunkel, Lucas Kochan, Andreas Toba, Glenn Trebing.

Alternates Lea Marie Quaas and Nick Klessing

That’s the same team as Euros for the men, but the women will miss Kim Bui and Sarah Voss.

Per unofficial sources, team Canada is Ellie Black, Shallon Olsen, Laurie Dénommée, Emma Spence, Sydney Turner, and Denelle Pedrick.

China Loop GIF by xponentialdesign

WAG: Tang Xijing, Ou Yushan, Luo Rui, Wei Xiaoyuan, Zhang Jin, He Licheng, Sun Xinyi

MAG: Zhang Boheng, Sun Wei, Yang Jiaxing, You Hao, Zou Jingyuan, Shi Cong, Su Weide, Yin Dehang

Probably some covid insurance in there too.

Last edited:
China took 7 as a training team to France first (they left China on Saturday, so I’m assuming they’re already in France training now) and then will move on to Liverpool closer to the competition check in. They will determine the final team after Podium Training.

As far as I can tell they haven’t officially announced it, but there is a new update to the nominative roster, in which Canada have changed their initial registration, bringing Spence in in place of national all around champion Rose Woo.

Also on this update is a change for Japan, whose national AA champion Kasahara Arisa also appears to be out, with her and Woo joining Konnor McClain and Sarah Voss on the sidelines it’s not proving to be a good year to be a national champion. Kasahara is replaced in the six woman Japanese team by Ashikawa Urara.

Belguim have officially announced their teams

WAG: Nina Derwael, Lisa Vaelen, Noemie Louon, Maellyse Brassart, Jutta Verkest. Alternate: Ylea Tollet

MAG: Maxime Gentges, Noah Kuavita, Takumi Onoshima, Luka van den Keybus

Thanks for the update. I assume Woo is injured? Haven’t heard anything.

Nice to hear that Urara will be on the team for Japan after all. Wasn’t she another victim of not being fully prepared four months in advance, like Murakami?

Nice to hear that Urara will be on the team for Japan after all. Wasn’t she another victim of not being fully prepared four months in advance, like Murakami?
She finished low in the AA, for all intents and purposes Ashikawa Urara in a one event gymnast. She was 13th in qualifications at Japan Championships and moved up to 7th in all around finals. Then she was 14th at the NKH Trophy.
Now that she is on the competing team I don’t anticipate her doing anything but beam in TQ and TF.

No worries, I was simply admiring the height on the leap in your still shot you linked earlier.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back