Teams are starting to come in for 2022 World Championship in Liverpool, England

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Or maybe I just miss a Miller/Gutsu showdown?
It was also Silivas vs Shushunova and a sorta of Szabo vs Retton scenario, though Szabo ended on bars, Retton needed the 10 on vault to clinch.

I do as well but I loved the 97-00 VT rules that you did 2 different vaults
100%

I loved how the top gymnasts in the world were also in the vault EF.

There’s an easy solution to this - make gymnasts do two vaults in all rounds of competition. They can be the same, but there’s bonus for doing different families.

I would say:
  1. FHS and Tsuk - 0.2
  2. Yurchenko and Yurchenko 1/2 on - 0.2
  3. All other combinations - 0.3
I would have no limitations about the post-flight. A Tsuk 2.0 and a DTY should totally be allowed and should totally get the 0.3 bonus. They’re completely different vaults.

A lot of gymnasts would simply do the same vault twice. For example, a gymnast with a great DTY might struggle to do another vault that scores within 3 tenths of her DTY. And that’s ok. Except that, of course, she would not be eligible for EF.

Romania is only sending two gymnasts, so no full team. Barbosu and Preda

USA nominative:
Blakely, Carey, Chiles, Jones, McClain, Zeiss
Interesting no DiCello considering her finish at Nationals.

DiCello decided she isn’t trying for worlds.

5 competing team members, plus an alternate.

Is that official for DiCello now? I guess that would explain the USA list then - it’s the top six at the national championships excluding DiCello.

We know the US won’t name their team until like the day before they travel anyway, so this list is meaningless. Another that’s definitely wrong is Germany because Sarah Voss is injured.

It wouldn’t be a shock if Romania only have two gymnasts fit enough to go.

ETA: .Australia have announced their WAG team, same as the nominative registration, alternate TBC

Last edited:
Seems pretty clear that McClain/Jones/Chiles/Carey are locks for the USA team. But I’m having a hard time imagining how they do not let all 4 do AA in prelims. Of the gymnasts left going for worlds, There are a couple gymnasts that might be slightly better on UB or BB than those 4, but not medal shots. Would they put Blakely or Zeiss up on UB or BB, and if so who doesn’t get to do AA?

Good question. With DiCello out Leanne is the only one I would think could fit the potential event medal category. And with the other 4 being such strong AA’s, a good time to be able to make a team even if she is still only doing UB/BB.

The rules say team places will not be reallocated, so even if Romania turn down their spot (which they have no reason to do) they won’t be replaced.

Konnor McClain has withdrawn from consideration for Worlds, per her Instagram. She’s dealing with a back injury.

Reactions: One

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back