Teams are starting to come in for 2022 World Championship in Liverpool, England

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I just saw that and I’m heart broken for her.

WOGA back is a thing again?

I suppose this opens that door waaaaay up for Skye Blakely, or Leanne Wong if she is recovered.

I suppose this opens that door waaaaay up for Skye Blakely, or Leanne Wong if she is recovered.
Probably both.
Carey, Chiles, Jones, Blakely, Wong

If Wong and DiCello are not going for Worlds, it appears Zeiss is next in line. I wouldn’t rule out Fatta though, she had a good showing in Hungary.

Could always do
VT: (Blakely) Chiles, Jones, Carey
UB: (Blakely/Carey) Chiles, Wong, Jones
BB: (Jones) Carey, Chiles, Blakely
FX: (Blakely) Jones, Carey, Chiles

Last edited:
If Wong is going for Worlds, USA would probably be fine with any 5th. If she isn’t, I’m a little worried about the team, especially on BB.

Brazil has announced their teams:

WAG:
Andrade
Saraiva
Pedro
Soares
Oliveira

MAG:
Nori
Soares
Guimaraes
Bitencourt
Souza

I was hoping Barbosa would be named to the WAG team. Is she still injured?

Good question.
Everyone was counting on her VT and UB.

But she hasnt quite showed up on any competition this year. Either she is having a hard time recovering from injury or is leading herself to retirement.

I haven’t followed much of Konnor’s career (at least the junior years), but did she have a back issue before Woga?

No real way to know, but back issues can develop after overtraining in a relatively short time or years of doing something wrong.

For example, she’s always had kind of a whippy set on her double saltos and for beam she would kind of hit the ground at times on her double pike instead of meeting the floor and absorbing. And bars has always been her weakest event, and muscling skills or catching in weird angles could cause strain to her back.

Perhaps her being a senior now with increased hours and adding upgrades has sped up the process. I know her Chuso has has people wincing since she showed it on social media. And she always landed it funny.

Last edited:
Another blow to Italy, Andreoli injured herself before Nationals and has withdrawn from Worlds.
They now drop below China and Brazil for total potential score.
1 USA
2 CHN
3 BRA
4 ITA
5 GBR
6 FRA
Great Britain and France have increased chances at a medal now.

Do we really see Brazil hitting…they’ve always had massive scoring potential on paper

Do we really see Brazil hitting…they’ve always had massive scoring potential on paper
I did not say that this was the predicted medal placements. That ranking is strictly based on scoring potential.

I do think Brazil will have mistakes and so will China. Italy has looked solid so they could “Romania” the rest, but they did lose two major players.
I honestly think that one of France or Great Britain will surprise and medal.

I would not count out South Korea or Belgium (if Derwael is back) for spoiler medal.

In fact I do think Belgium could sneak into bronze if they hit 12 for 12, Lisa Valen, Verkest. and Brassart need to be at their best and hope for huge numbers from Derwael on UB/BB/UB

Right now for team finals I have:
USA, ITA, CHN, GBR, FRA, BRA, KOR, BEL
But also Hungary could contend for team finals should Kovacs be at her top form. Belgium has to go in subdivision 1 with USA so that could be problematic.
Netherlands and Canada could also knock on the door of team finals.
Australia, Germany, and Japan would need fantastic meets to contend for team finals.

It’s so hard to say, especially as they’re very reliant on one key player. On their day, they are clear medal challengers at least. And they haven’t had this good a medal chance since, well, the last worlds team final they were in which they fucked up comprehensively.

I have to say, the team I see as least likely to hit is France. It just seems like everyone on that team is so inconsistent in her own way.

I think I’d quite like to see France medal, just because I like an underdog. GB had 2015 and Tokyo, Italy had 2019, so I’d like to see them have their moment too.

Reactions: One

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back