Simone’s Gold Over America Tour

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I basically agree. (I have considered a figure skating tour but figure skating lends itself to exhibition in my mind.)

This tour does sound better than the USAG tours in the past.

Just saw a clip of Grace doing a Quad wolf turn on floor during one of the segments ha

I think these tours would really benefit by leaning toward a Cirque Du Soleil-esque model. TumbleTrak routines like the opening act in Alegria. I’m sure choreographers could construct really cool beam and UB routines. HIre contortionists; one of Cirque’s longest-running performers now runs a contortion school in Vegas, so there’s a pool of talent right there aside from other freelance contortionists. And I know Simone was making a point, but the tour is crippled when it’s only WAG and all their shortcomings - especially with dance. Keep it women-only, but include T&T and rhythmic gymnasts. Show the full artistry and beauty of gymnastics when not strangled by the FIG and inconsistent judging.

Hartford. I live in CT very strange they had 2 stops in CT plus a Boston and Brooklyn stop. Most shows don’t stop in CT if they are stopping in Boston and NYC.

Hartford. I live in CT very strange they had 2 stops in CT plus a Boston and Brooklyn stop. Most shows don’t stop in CT if they are stopping in Boston and NYC.
Hartford was cancelled due to Covid numbers. Hartford also just reinstated indoor mask mandates.

Interesting I live in Fairfield County and keep hearing on the news how good our numbers are statewide and Bridgeport has had a mask mandate since August.

Interesting I live in Fairfield County and keep hearing on the news how good our numbers are statewide and Bridgeport has had a mask mandate since August.
Overall, the numbers are good in comparison to other parts of the country!

Unfortunately, despite the indoors mask mandate, the majority of people are not wearing masks indoors at least in Hartford and surrounding suburbs, though some are better than others.

Oh wow. I’ve been impressed with how many people I’ve seen abiding by the mask mandate in towns that have them in Fairfield County.

I’m not sure if the tour was a monetary success or not, but I have loved seeing the social media posts from the athletes. Whether happy hour drinks with Biles or daily workouts with Memmel, loved seeing these women having fun and celebrating the joys of gymnastics on their own terms.

Is that worth anything in the CoP? I think it’d be a cool skill to see on beam.

Just saw that there will be a live tour stream on December 4. Tickets are about $20 and VIP $100.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back