Pre-Olympics Discussion (Injured athletes, named teams, other news) starting 5/9/24

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think both have a chance to medal.
I would give them and equal chance.

It will be hard with 2x CHN, 2x JPN and Illia Kovtun and Adem Asil who would be IMO the top 8 with Malone and Richard.
Maybe Karimi KAZ orAbbadini ITA have a shot at top 8. It depends what China and Japan end up doingi n qualifications. If Richard or Malone falter, Juda could step in as 2nd AAer, but he would need help.
The men's AA medals are more open than the women I believe.
Don't forget Yulo, as well

Well, barring a disaster, gold and silver are pretty clear cut favorites with Zhang Boheng and Daiki Hashimoto. They are just better AAers than everyone else on their good days

Yeah disagreeing with the prevalent opinion got me attacked once. it was about why Gabby didn’t go back to Chow. Freifraufischer said it made him an excellent businessman to want a cut of her earnings. I don’t agree with a contract like that.
It might make him a great businessman but it’s kind of disgusting too.
I think she has a historian background, although not sure if that’s what she works in nowadays - she describes herself as a historian on her Threads profile. Pretty sure she’s mentioned that she went to Princeton, also. I don’t know if she has used other names on older gymternet sites as I’ve only really been aware of her participation on Reddit (having spoken in messages with a handful of the people she’s chased off), although I know her Twitter ID too. I, perhaps foolishly (?), presumed her Twitter handle was her actual name.

Most of Reddit is ban-happy and expects people to stick to a preferred narrative. That’s why I end up going back to lurking after every attempt at commenting somewhere - you can even be banned from some groups just for being a member of another subreddit. It’s a shame as I think there are some gym fans on there who would like it to be more open to free discussion.
that seems to be the norm for most of social media. Original thoughts aren’t welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-Olympic Training camp begins tomorrow for Team USA WAG. They will be in France by Thursday.

They won't be home again for four weeks.

It's Starting.png

It's starting.

Loving long time members/lurkers commenting. Please comment more, you are valued and your contributions are important and wanted. Especially as we are rapidly approaching Paris.
Thank you!
I reappeared out of nowhere. Ha. Kids are 5 and 6 and I finally sometimes have a minute to breathe…even if it’s currently almost 2am.

Looks like USA gymnasts are in the air!

IMG_1316.jpeg

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back