Pre-Olympics Discussion (Injured athletes, named teams, other news) starting 5/9/24

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

mag coaches.png

Can anyone please provide me with all the main medal contenders who are hoping for medals in each discipline? Men's Team Finals, Men's AA, all the Men's apparatus finals. Women's Team Finals, Women's AA, all the Women's apparatus Finals, etc.

I somewhat know the potentials for the USA team and a couple of other world competitors (USA women's team gold medal faves, Simone a gold medal fave everywhere except bars, Suni Lee a medal contender on bars and beam, Jade with Vault & FX, etc. USA men's team hoping for a medal, Malone & Richard hoping for an AA medal, Malone hoping to medal on HB, Richard on FX, Nedoroscik on PH, etc, etc.) ....... but am pretty much in the dark with all the big contenders across the world. Thank you!!

Since I can't have a podium of Simone, Rebeca, and Shilese, I am going to hope for Simone, Rebeca, and Melanie.

Not sure if it was Spencer or someone else, but often someone puts together a "top scores of the year" thing so far (with the usual caveats for domestic scoring). I haven't seen that yet, but it might be out there somewhere.

Can anyone please provide me with all the main medal contenders who are hoping for medals in each discipline? Men's Team Finals, Men's AA, all the Men's apparatus finals. Women's Team Finals, Women's AA, all the Women's apparatus Finals, etc.

I somewhat know the potentials for the USA team and a couple of other world competitors (USA women's team gold medal faves, Simone a gold medal fave everywhere except bars, Suni Lee a medal contender on bars and beam, Jade with Vault & FX, etc. USA men's team hoping for a medal, Malone & Richard hoping for an AA medal, Malone hoping to medal on HB, Richard on FX, Nedoroscik on PH, etc, etc.) ....... but am pretty much in the dark with all the big contenders across the world. Thank you!!
For the Americans, I would add these:
• Lee and Chiles are also contenders for AA medals.
• Chiles could sneak into the mix on vault and floor if either Carey or Biles has issues in qualification. If she makes finals, she could medal.

Not sure if it was Spencer or someone else, but often someone puts together a "top scores of the year" thing so far (with the usual caveats for domestic scoring). I haven't seen that yet, but it might be out there somewhere.

I think it was The All Around but they are gone.

Lauren at The Gymternet did one for 2023 though.

Nice work.

So IIRC there will be 24 women divided into 4 groups of 6 seeded by scores? Or was it random draw?

Does Brody Malone or Frederick Richard have the best chance at an AA medal?

I think both have a chance to medal.
I would give them and equal chance.

It will be hard with 2x CHN, 2x JPN and Illia Kovtun and Adem Asil who would be IMO the top 8 with Malone and Richard.
Maybe Karimi KAZ orAbbadini ITA have a shot at top 8. It depends what China and Japan end up doingi n qualifications. If Richard or Malone falter, Juda could step in as 2nd AAer, but he would need help.
The men's AA medals are more open than the women I believe.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back