Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rewatched her floor from Nationals and why is Liukin laughing at all of her mistakes, like the OOB on the first pass and the flubbed double wolf turn? Very odd

Last edited:
This girl is so good at false victim hood and poking the bear that if I hadn’t seen her gymnastics, I’d swear she was Russian
So now we know who the real victim was at Utah :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Just rewatched her floor from Nationals and why is Liukin laughing at all of her mistakes, like the OOB on the first pass and the flubbed double wolf turn? Very odd
I mean, “Valeri is an asshole” is a decent explanation for many things he does.

Curious is Sullivan intends to continue with elite, or drop back to level 10.

She was at Texas Champions. I think she switched to WOGA because Texas Champions closed.

Curious is Sullivan intends to continue with elite, or drop back to level 10.
I think she will drop back to level 10 TBH. She has no path toward Paris with the crowded field as it is.

Metroplex has had it share of elites but really specializes in level 10.

Last edited:
I mean the photo of her at Metroplex is of her with Katelyn Jong instead of with a L10, not sure if that means anything. Avery King also switched from WOGA to Metroplex though and she stayed elite, so Ashlee might do the same. Katelyn, Avery, Ashlee, Zoey Molomo, and Michelle Pineda would be a solid group for them. Taylor McMahon also switched there from Texas Dreams and seems to still be planning on elite.

Last edited:
I forgot about Avery King. That’s 3 elites for Valeri’s group that have left in the past year.

I’m trying to think of a less-accomplished senior national champion. Maybe Kristy Powell? But even she made Olympic Trials and competed at multiple senior nationals.

I’m trying to think of a less-accomplished senior national champion. Maybe Kristy Powell? But even she made Olympic Trials and competed at multiple senior nationals.
She won the 1995 American Cup two years before the tie with Atler and she went to Worlds in 1996 and 1997. She also won team gold at the 1995 Pan American Games.

Ragan Smith might be up (down?) there. One world team (but unfortunately timed injury meant she didn’t compete in any finals), Olympic alternate and Worlds alternate.

One world team (but unfortunately timed injury meant she didn’t compete in any finals)
Shoulda, woulda, coulda, but Smith was clearly going to be the 2017 World AA Champion. She qualified 2nd by .001 AND counted a fall on beam. Her score in prelims (with the fall) would have won in the finals. Also she had a strong chance at a floor medal, maybe even gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back