Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit smaller? Often half the size!
You are able to take home leftovers and there is no stigma about it in the US. Though I’ll admit i was at an amazing steakhouse and ate the entirety of my scallops and Braai-spiced beef tenderloin. The last pieces just looked so lonely and delicious…

Awwww, Valentina has thoughts. Adorable.
This is just Valentina. I alternated between watching worlds on BBC and on Match (sports network owned by Gazprom) where Lidia Ivanova and Emin Garibov were commentating and they were genuinely excited whenever any gymnast performed well. I was pleasantly surprised to be honest, especially for the men’s vault final which was full of British, American and Ukrainian athletes. It would have been the ideal opportunity to be disrespectful but they weren’t at all.

This is just Valentina. I alternated between watching worlds on BBC and on Match (sports network owned by Gazprom) where Lidia Ivanova and Emin Garibov were commentating and they were genuinely excited whenever any gymnast performed well. I was pleasantly surprised to be honest, especially for the men’s vault final which was full of British, American and Ukrainian athletes. It would have been the ideal opportunity to be disrespectful but they weren’t at all.
Time for Valentina to retire if she can’t get her head around Biles - isn’t she like 87 now?

She’s kind of just a figurehead now, no one takes her seriously.
episode 16 grandpa simpson GIF

season 13 GIF

So, with world championships, I’ve seen articles about Suni and Mckayla Maroney and Aly’s swimsuit photos were just posted. Can i say how let down i am that Gabby didn’t take a moment to tease us with some random skills videos or releasing a hype article?

So, with world championships, I’ve seen articles about Suni and Mckayla Maroney and Aly’s swimsuit photos were just posted. Can i say how let down i am that Gabby didn’t take a moment to tease us with some random skills videos or releasing a hype article?
What article on Maroney?

Last edited:
Europeans, help me out. Is this a typicak European-portion, or a gymnast-portion?!
This is a high end place i would say, in which case it’s to be expected. If it’s not, those portions are offensive, specially the dessert.

This is a high end place i would say, in which case it’s to be expected. If it’s not, those portions are offensive, specially the dessert.
I think that desert is quite big! The pasta is deceptive, the bowl is huge so the portion looks smaller but I think its deep and a bigger portion than you think. Definitely plenty!

In America my husband and I often share a starter and its enough! I think portions are very large there.

Finally a semi-update on MLT:
Hey everyone! On behalf of my sisters and I, we need y’all’s help.

My amazing mom, Mary Lou, has a very rare form of pneumonia and is fighting for her life. She is not able to breathe on her own. She’s been in the ICU for over a week now. Out of respect for her and her privacy, I will not disclose all details. However, I will disclose that she not insured.

We ask that if you could help in any way, that 1) you PRAY! and 2) if you could help us with finances for the hospital bill.

ANYTHING, absolutely anything, would be so helpful for my family and my mom. Thank y’all so very much!
https://www.spotfund.com/story/a2e0...erral_id=45b800a8-5f58-4eeb-b032-ea579f7eaab7

Finally a semi-update on MLT:
Hey everyone! On behalf of my sisters and I, we need y’all’s help.

My amazing mom, Mary Lou, has a very rare form of pneumonia and is fighting for her life. She is not able to breathe on her own. She’s been in the ICU for over a week now. Out of respect for her and her privacy, I will not disclose all details. However, I will disclose that she not insured.

We ask that if you could help in any way, that 1) you PRAY! and 2) if you could help us with finances for the hospital bill.

ANYTHING, absolutely anything, would be so helpful for my family and my mom. Thank y’all so very much!
That does not sound at all good.

I’m not American so I don’t know about these things, but the Kelleys seem a reasonably well off family. Why would she not be insured?

Last edited:
I have the impression that the only people who aren’t insured either can’t qualify due to many medical issues, can’t afford the monthly premiums or affluent people who feel they can pay out of pocket. Due to the horrible costliness of any medical care, drugs etc I wouldn’t go without health insurance and I still have medical care through the Veteran’s Administration.
mNot so fun fact. 2/3 people who file for bankruptcy cite medical expenses as the cause.

Last edited:
Don’t forget the ones that don’t purchase insurance because they don’t want to government to tell them what to do. They’re often conservative christians who join “cost sharing” programs. Which do fuck all when you have a catastrophic medical event like this.

I forgot the whackadoodles Robin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back