Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
She probably would have founded her own governing body and lobbied the USOPC to replace USA Gymnastics.

Melnikova is training a double tuck from standing on beam

Roshchina has upgraded UB:
Inbar 1/1 + Komova II + Downie + Pak + Chow + Gienger EEFDDD .9
Inbar 1/2 + P Jaeger DD .1
Double tuck 1/1 D
FEEDDDDD 3.6 + 2.2 + 1.0 = 6.8

Now you know they’re in a different era. Marta would’ve had them spending the day training. I recall in 2007 they only got to have a partial day off after winning TFs.
Also the 2013 vs 2023 reminded me that marta let the girls have pizza at some point. After AA maybe?

They got 1/2 a day off once in 2015 in Glasgow too.

Also the 2013 vs 2023 reminded me that marta let the girls have pizza at some point. After AA maybe?
Or was that the time that someone saw Raisman eating pizza and told her to never do that again?

Not social media, but Mary Lou Retton is doing Colonial Penn insurance commercials airing during The Price Is Right.

She looks TERRIBLE. Her face is completely frozen but part of her mouth is droopy. I can’t decide is this is Botox gone terribly wrong, or she is suffering from Bells Palsy or something similar. Her speech is slightly slurred, too.

Not social media, but Mary Lou Retton is doing Colonial Penn insurance commercials airing during The Price Is Right.

She looks TERRIBLE. Her face is completely frozen but part of her mouth is droopy. I can’t decide is this is Botox gone terribly wrong, or she is suffering from Bells Palsy or something similar. Her speech is slightly slurred, too.
Sounds like a stroke?

Sounds like a stroke?
Her daughter has said that she recently had back surgery and they had to cut her vocal cords, so that’s why her voice is different. However she is currently in the hospital and her daughters keep posting very cryptic messages on their ig stories. My impression is she’s not doing well at all and are concerned whether she’s going to live. Praying for her.

Her daughter has said that she recently had back surgery and they had to cut her vocal cords, so that’s why her voice is different. However she is currently in the hospital and her daughters keep posting very cryptic messages on their ig stories. My impression is she’s not doing well at all and are concerned whether she’s going to live. Praying for her.
I don’t know a lot about back surgery but why would they cut her vocal cords because of a back surgery?

I don’t know a lot about back surgery but why would they cut her vocal cords because of a back surgery?
I’m guessing they went in through the front of the neck. It’s just a guess though and am only going by what one of her daughters wrote. Keep checking her daughters ig stories as they are very cryptic and keep asking for prayers.

Damn, she’s only 55. I hope she recovers from whatever it is that has her in the hospital.

Last edited:
I have no idea how to find Instagram stories. Any direct links?

I have no idea how to find Instagram stories. Any direct links?
You just click on the user picture of whoever’s story you’re trying to see on instagram. The picture will have a pink/yellow frame around it when they have a story up.

I just checked all four daughters though and right now only McKenna has a story posted and it’s just lyrics to a prayer song. The other three don’t have a story atm.

https://www.instagram.com/mckennkelley
https://www.instagram.com/shaylaschrepfer
https://www.instagram.com/skyla_kelley
https://www.instagram.com/emmajeankelley/

So like if you go to McKenna’s profile, her user picture at the top in the circle should have a pink frame around the circle because she has a current story. If you click it her story will pop up. If they don’t have a story (they’re temporary) then there’s no frame and nothing happens when you click their picture.

Last edited:
You just click on the user picture of whoever’s story you’re trying to see on instagram. The picture will have a pink/purple/yellowish frame around it when they have a story up.

I just checked all four daughters though and right now only McKenna has a story posted and it’s just lyrics to a prayer song. The other three don’t have a story atm.
IMG_9190

IMG_9196

IMG_9195

IMG_9199

I took some screen shots of their previous stories
IMG_9190

IMG_9196

IMG_9195

IMG_9199

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!