Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so confused as to why we think she has plenty of money. Surely y’all aren’t believing these celebrity net worth reports, those things are not legitimate! And even if they were, who knows what she’s gained or lost in the last few years. When’s the last time we saw her doing speaking engagements or with real endorsement deals? We literally have no idea what her financial situation is. The only thing we actually know is that she’s had a lot of health issues over the last decade. I can’t imagine she would go out of her way to be uninsured. It’s such a weird thing to judge someone on, especially when this woman is literally on life support.

This is the house in Texas reportedly sold last year when she was reportedly moving:

Last edited:
I would love Gabby to have the best comeback ever!
Aside from Biles, who arguably has never come back and just took 2017 and 2022 off, what has been the best real comeback ever? Like, gymnast completely left the sport and then returned after years. Just wondering what Douglas is up against with earning this distinction! 🙂

Aside from Biles, who arguably has never come back and just took 2017 and 2022 off, what has been the best real comeback ever? Like, gymnast completely left the sport and then returned after years. Just wondering what Douglas is up against with earning this distinction! 🙂
I just mean i want her to come back and be successful, make the Olympics and win some medals so she can go out in her terms and shake all the negativity she dealt with in her previous comeback.

Annia Hatch, maybe?

Bhardwaj?

Vise quit training after Olympic Trials. From what I read she couldn’t do a kip when she showed up to Oklahoma.

Vise quit training after Olympic Trials. From what I read she couldn’t do a kip when she showed up to Oklahoma.
She did stop training for a few months. I’d take the Kip story with a pinch of salt, it was Steve Nunno…

Bhardwaj?
Bhardwaj is an interesting one, because after 1997 Worlds she had a wildly successful NCAA career and then also competed at 2001 Worlds, thus not really “coming back” to the sport except as an elite. I believe the only year that she wasn’t actively training was 2002 due to injury, but I do think she “retired” during that time as well, so it’s a bit murky. But I definitely would not have expected her to make Athens 2004 back when she debuted as a senior in 1994.

Chellsie Memmel, I suppose? 2020 Nationals being her first competition in nine years. It didn’t go farther than that, but then she became NTC.

Chellsie Memmel, I suppose? 2020 Nationals being her first competition in nine years. It didn’t go farther than that, but then she became NTC.
Certainly a memorable one! I’ll never get over her beam and vault performances at Nationals day 1.

@MC it’s fun to revisit. Nunno planned to ket abuse compete beam only then he left and KJ made a different decision.

Finally a semi-update on MLT:
Hey everyone! On behalf of my sisters and I, we need y’all’s help.

My amazing mom, Mary Lou, has a very rare form of pneumonia and is fighting for her life. She is not able to breathe on her own. She’s been in the ICU for over a week now. Out of respect for her and her privacy, I will not disclose all details. However, I will disclose that she not insured.

We ask that if you could help in any way, that 1) you PRAY! and 2) if you could help us with finances for the hospital bill.

ANYTHING, absolutely anything, would be so helpful for my family and my mom. Thank y’all so very much!
Let people donate to sick people who really can NOT afford medical care, not to a famous name. To me, this is very tacky,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back