Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenna Lalonde has retired from gymnastics (including no longer planning to compete for Nebraska in NCAA) due to heart issues. That’s a shitty way to have a career end. :confused:

I just saw her yammering on a different platform about how she inspired others.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT82YgjRB/

Jordyn Weiber and Chris Brooks have wedding photos
IMG_7984

on IG.

Last edited:
Jordyn looks stunning. I’m happy for both of them.

Last edited:
I just saw her yammering on a different platform about how she inspired others.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT82YgjRB/
I don’t understand what she’s suggesting. Is it the connecting of the fabrichnova that she thinks she created? Cause there’s quite a list of gymnasts who have done a pirouette into their at least D dismount.

Top of the list Musty of course, into the musty, but starting from at least miller in muddafucking 1992

I am not as reflexively annoyed by Skinner as most people on this forum, but I mean… did she or did she not originate a Fabrichnova done in connection? I don’t know the answer but if she did I think this is not that preposterous of a premise for a social media post.

I honestly don’t know. I mean it’s not usually a thing we keep score on, unless maybe on fx or something? like 1,5 to full-in or whip-whip DLO

I’m more annoyed at the general tone, tbh. U could also say something like “I did a similar connection and here’s why that’s so hard” or something like that. She really makes it sound like these girls are doing this “now that she did it”

She’s still really mad that the “Moors” on fx was not named the “Skinner”

Reactions: One
Interesting about Jung-Ruivivar.

Should all of the recent transferred PHI athletes stay healthy and continue training toward Los Angeles (I suspect most will).
A team of Jung-Ruivivar, Malabuyo, Finnegan, and Kvamme could definitely challenge for a team spot in LA. Add one more solid NCAA Filipino gymnast for depth and we are looking at a top 12 team at 2027 Worlds, IMO.

I think she was the first to release training videos of toe 1/1 + Fabrichnova. Did she ever compete it?

Regardless, in the video she says she started a trend of connecting pirouettes into dismounts. If she said F+ dismounts, I’d say sure, fine, flatter yourself. But she just said dismounts in general 🙊

OK so like I said, folks love to dunk on her. And, well, she ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed. But… can we not let her have this one thing as consolation for the Moors not being named after her? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back