Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it deeply unsatisfying that the Code is now pretending that a skill like the “Black”, for example, involves a 1/2 turn in the air when its actual inventor catches it like this:
The Black when first competed had sufficient turn in the air. After getting the skill recognized, she’s sometimes been lazier about completing the turn, but I think the judges didn’t pay attention and just credited it based on reputation. Her routine’s start value would be destroyed if she doesn’t get credit for the 1/2 turn, since the entire skill + Pak connection would be discredited, thanks to already doing a Hindorff in the routine and thus not being allowed to do a Shang afterward.

Yes, it’s a good way to make yourself sound like a tit. I don’t know exactly what this gymnast has said and when, but the general principle is a good one. With the teenagers it’s probably inevitable, but when you’re well into your 20s that’s a great time to start exhibiting some sense.

I heard on Elliot In The Morning that Shawn Johnson’s got a new bun in the oven that was on display at the ESPYs and she currently has an IG story up talking about her pregnancy. She’s 17 weeks but looks further along.

Yes Skinner is also pregnant. I saw the double pregnancy photo too.

I think I saw a pic of Shawn and Skinner both pregnant
Johnson Skinner

Pretty sure i had Mykayla’s shoes…in 1998.
My younger co-workers (22-26ish) are all into 90s fashion.
Overalls (jeans ones too), doc martens, chokers, puka shell necklaces (very 2000!), baggy jeans, very smokey eyes, leather jackets, ripped jeans, and VELVET! are all very, very, very much in.

Seems like Skinner keeps up with fashion trends.

One colleague wore jean overalls with a flannel plaid shirt underneath, doc martens, butterfly hair clips, and a neon orange rubber choker.
Another co worker had on a white and blue puka shell necklace. It was identical to the one I wore to my college classes in 199 and 2000. I literally thought it was mine and once I got home had to go and look for my collection in one of my storage trunks.
Sure enough it was still there, but I could not bring myself to wear it to work the next day!

I worked at a school last year. The upper school girls looked like they raided my high school closet.

The woman in all these Amazon commercials I keep seeing has the two tendrils framing her face and I have been transported back in time. Julia Stiles called and wants her hairdo back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back