Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Sanne’s is recognisably a skill with a half twist that isn’t quite complete. As distinct from cross grip.

Sanne’s is a free hip Nabieva with 1/2 turn. But loling at the idea that the leg separation is an intended straddle
Oh I didn’t mean that! I meant that it’s difficult to initiate a turn without separating the legs to initiate the torque. Which means it’s easy to turn a straddled skill but much harder to satisfy the early turn rule while keeping legs straight.

It’s not like you can initiate the turn on the bar, you’d end up sideways in the air. The turn must be initiated mid-air! Which is really difficult to do with your legs together. You can’t use your arms to turn either (like a trampolinist would) because you’ve got to catch the bar!

I don’t think it’s hard to twist a half turn mid air, I just think it’s hard to catch without looking at the bar! The only, only example I can think of of a gymnast catching the bar with their back turned to it is wu jiani’s Hecht vault thing which she caught in eagle and swung through

Sanne’s skill isn’t very aesthetically pleasing. In contrast, i like Melanie’s legs glued together legs on the backswing on her transition to high bar.

Last edited:
I didn’t even recognize him without the hair, makeup, and outfit.

The text is way too small to read on my phone. Did she share anything particularly interesting?

Honestly, not really. 😆 She raised eyebrows this spring with posts/retweets that made it sound like she was very unhappy by the time she left the program, which led to a lot of speculation. In the tiny-worded Instagram post she talks a bit about how challenging it was to balance law school and NCAA, but states that it was a positive experience and thanking her coaches, etc. She directly addresses the speculation to some degree.

Mostly it sounds like a level-headed clarification following some possible emotionally-driven tweeting, and/or possibly a response to some further speculation following Wieber’s contract extension?

No. After RTing snarky tweets last week, she deleted them. Now she wants to say there is nothing to that. She created the drama herself, not the gymternet.

I’m really not impressed by the habit of some athletes of vague tweeting to thousands or millions of people and then complaining about or scolding people for speculating on their lives. I do realize this is not a new thing, but the audience they have is a bit bigger than the song lyrics we used to post as our AIM away messages

Ah, I didn’t know about that. Maybe disregard my take on the post.

So passive aggressive. I hate vaguebooking.

What’s the point of saying all that if she doesn’t actually say anything?? I just don’t get it.

She basically says law school and gymnastics was not too much to handle while saying it was a little too much to handle, and she’s definitely not mad at staff and loved her experience emphatically despite it’s inevitable flaws.

That was a severe waste of squinting on my part. I regret it.

I do believe the Lovett was removed from the roster before post season and she was unhappy with that because it was her 5th year, was in grad school, and trained separately. It was a lot of sacrifice on her part and she didn’t get the ending she wanted and was disappointed in the decisions made by coaches. Even though she had not been performing up to post season expectations, she was inconsistent and you can’t have that if you are aiming for nationals, which was what the Arkansas team had as their main goal.

Just my opinion though.

So, continuing to be vaguely dramatic.

I don’t doubt that juggling law school with D1 athletics is HARD. But girl needs to stop being a drama llama all over social media and then blaming everyone else for wanting to know more.

Yep, to quote Agent J “Don’t start nothin’, won’t be nothin’.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back