Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maggie Nichols got engaged.

Thank you, I did see that somewhere, but I actually thought that was old

While this clip might be current, I believe Andrade has previously shown this combination in training.

Yeah the 6.9 for Listy is with a Downie + Pak + Chow 1/2, and the Fabrichnova. Then if she switched her Ray to a Hindorff (would be new) she’d be at a 7.0

Last edited:
Wow, I never saw that double double from podium training.

She should put the toe-full before the Maloney at the beginning and just do a giant into the double double! Same D-score, but a more reliable way to handle things!

Is it just me, or did we have a good long period of relatively healthy ACLs in elite that has come to a sudden halt?

Jade Carey announces her intentions pursuing Paris.

IMG_1094

Does remaining at Oregon State mean to compete NCAA next season, or just studying there alongside elite training? I can’t tell what she means.

Does remaining at Oregon State mean to compete NCAA next season, or just studying there alongside elite training? I can’t tell what she means.
Yeah, it’s very unclear.
We already knew she was aiming for Paris, so this announcement doesn’t do anything we didn’t already know.

It says it’s her passion to represent “the Beavs” so I take that to mean she’s competing.

Is Carey even able to defer another year or would she lose a season of NCAA competition? She deferred like 3 years already to go to the 2021 Olympics.

I don’t know how anything NCAA works.

Last edited:
it says “it has always been a passion of mine to represent the United States and the Beavs.”, which she has already done both.
Still unclear if she plans to actually compete next year in NCAA or stay at school, take course, and train for Paris.

She can defer a year if she wants at no penalty.
Jordan Chiles also deferred UCLA for Tokyo and is deferring again for Paris.
Shilese Jones has deferred for several years and isn’t starting NCAA until after Paris for the 2024-2025 year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back