Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so USAG is quite different these days

We won’t know till Jade busts out “All I Want For Christmas” at karaoke night.

I guess this means her next comeback will have to wait.

Last edited:
I would love to see Skye really come into her own on bars. She has all the base elements for a truly competitive set.

If I may:

Chow 1/2 (E)
HIggins (B) Eagle 1/1 (D) LO Jaeger (F) .1
Downie (F) Pak (D) .2
Van Leeuwen (E)
Blind change (B) Healy (E) Double front 1/2 (E) .2

CR 2.0
CV 0.5 - 2.5
DMT 0.2 - 2.7
2F 1.2 - 3.9
4E 2.0 - 5.9
2C 0.6 - 6.5

Really wild to me that she could do a piked Jaeger instead of a LO and still have a 6.3…

Legit that she maintains the shape. But it’s a little dumpy. She has some feet. Tbh unless she can connect a Pak out of it I’m not sure it’s worth it.

It’s an undervalued F IMO. It’s just as hard as a Nabs to do it correctly, if not harder, and it’s more difficult to connect out of.

Last edited:
Her hips are well below the bar on the catch. It looks like she’s relying on the heel drive from her foot flexion to get the skill around. The shape is marvelous but unfortunately this isn’t worthwhile until she takes it higher.

Skye Blakely news piece where Marchenko makes an appearance to give her a high five and hug as the reporter names him as her coach, but in every training clip Sonia (Sun Haiou) is coaching her on vault, beam, and floor while Emmanuel is coaching her on bars.

Last edited:
And it was definitely Sonia and Emmanuel at Nationals, and Sonia at worlds (not sure about Emmanuel).

This is a very Russian set up. It is usually the “program director” who is named as a gymnasts coach with the others listed after. It’s how woga always operated 2000-2008 really.

Marchenko was directly coaching her at all competitions in 2021 though, up until at least Winter Cup 2022 though. He was still spotting her on UB there. That’s the last time he travelled with WOGA elites to something. Then this Emmanuel guy appeared and there’s been no sight or mention of Marchenko until this news piece. After Nationals WOGA posted congratulations to everyone who made the Jr/Sr National Teams on their webpage and it just listed Sonia and Emmanuel as coaches for the Frisco group.

I had just assumed Marchenko was stepping back from coaching again or retiring but then here he is. USAG has him listed as Blakey’s head coach with Sonia and Emmanuel as “other coaches.” So maybe he is still coaching the elites on a daily basis but only part time now?

NPjnEyG.png

cJnQyZ9.png

None of the other Frisco gymnasts had coaches listed at all.

Zapata trying a TRIPLE front on the actual floor. Kind of close but also not really, but wow nevertheless

They’re gonna downgrade the front layout step out down to an A at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back