Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no. How awful. I know it’s not actually a lot, but it feels like gymnasts have been losing parents left and right.
Maybe its a function of gymnasts competing in their twenties (and thirties) that this was bound to become more likely. Plus we just lived through a global pandemic!

Last edited:
I can’t wait to watch Nile in this - it’s definitely a great reality show for a gymnast to do as Beth proved when she won it in 2013.

Look at this itty-bitty future beam queen (age 13):

Somebody in the replies said that South Korea is always 1½ gymnasts short of a contending team and that’s a pretty apt description.

Wow! The head release in her ring is insane.

I wonder what the circumstances were when she left Paramount Elite? It couldn’t be easy leaving LA since her parents are actors.

I always found the move to TCT rather curious. Going from LA to Minnesota? To a gym that really doesn’t have much of an elite track record? I really wanted to know what was behind the switch.

bF6UodA.png

She placed 6th on FX at the Szombathely World Challenge Cup then didn’t go to the World Trials camp. She says here she decided to stay home to work on upgrades, so she was invited but declined to attend. Then a sudden gym change.

Speculation: Her coaches maybe nudged her into not going to the Worlds camp? She regrets missing the opportunity and wants new coaches who believe in her more etc.

Speculation 2: Her parents refuse to submit themselves to another Minnesota winter, Texas it is!

Yes, Ciena moved from West Valley to Midwest rather than to TCT.

It does seem that the world and his wife are training at WOGA at the moment. But I assume Valeri’s former role as developmental lead has probably paid a part in that,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back