Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread (5/29/24 Withdrawn from Nationals)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It doesn't, but it's still just a hilarious continuation of her revisionist history of the sport we know and love. She also says that she and Douglas trained together for almost four years, but didn't Douglas only go to Chow's in late 2010? Johnson's comeback attempt ended in early 2012. They trained together for less than a year and a half.

It doesn't, but it's still just a hilarious continuation of her revisionist history of the sport we know and love. She also says that she and Douglas trained together for almost four years, but didn't Douglas only go to Chow's in late 2010? Johnson's comeback attempt ended in early 2012. They trained together for less than a year and a half.
Nothing Shawn Johnson says can be taken seriously or believed

I noticed Gabby has liked comments of support on her latest Instagram post, which was before the Core Classic. Hopefully, that means she intends to compete at Nationals.

I noticed Gabby has liked comments of support on her latest Instagram post, which was before the Core Classic. Hopefully, that means she intends to compete at Nationals.
She is on the list USAGym tweeted showing the 2 session breakdown.

Sorry, I will be the bitch and say what many are probably thinking.. nothing but what was expected after the classics fiasco… right now I feel the comeback is nothing more than keeping people interested in Gabby the gymnast for monatary gains.
She wants to continue on to LA? Find another coach, if they will have her. Be serious about it and start off with little meets here and there to build competitive experience again. build up to the big meets. Take the opportunity to qualify for after Olympics worlds and build the name of not quitting that she build up right now. She might be the next worldchampion, I would bow for her if she accomplishes it. Actually I hope she does.. right now though, it is a build up to…nothing…

Sorry, I will be the bitch and say what many are probably thinking.. nothing but what was expected after the classics fiasco… right now I feel the comeback is nothing more than keeping people interested in Gabby the gymnast for monatary gains.
I thought that from the very beginning of her "come back" She has no real income (that I know of anyway) and its a long time since 2012 and the marketing opportunities that brought. A "comeback" story seemed like a possible way to go. Sorry, but at this point it seems painfully clear that those of us who suspected this were correct.

"I proved to myself and to the sport that my skills remain at an elite level," said Douglas, who also plans to reunite with her longtime representative, Lowell Taub of Range Sports. "My plan is to continue to train for the L.A. 2028 Olympics. It would be such an honor to represent the U.S. at a home Olympics."

Please.

I’m
I thought that from the very beginning of her "come back" She has no real income (that I know of anyway) and its a long time since 2012 and the marketing opportunities that brought. A "comeback" story seemed like a possible way to go. Sorry, but at this point it seems painfully clear that those of us who suspected this were correct.

"I proved to myself and to the sport that my skills remain at an elite level," said Douglas, who also plans to reunite with her longtime representative, Lowell Taub of Range Sports. "My plan is to continue to train for the L.A. 2028 Olympics. It would be such an honor to represent the U.S. at a home Olympics."

Please.
This is such an unnecessary take.

I think she initially did plan a real comeback. Who learns (or re-learns) el-grip pirouettes for fun? But it was so much harder than she thought it would be. So so so much harder, and then Olympic expectations she put out there in all those interviews and media hits leading up to Winter Classic (and beyond) just increased the pressure.

I am suspicious of this injury. I've been waiting since US Classic for her withdrawal, to be perfectly honest. So I'm not surprised, but also disappointed because I was very curious to see what she would look like this weekend.

As for her LA declarations....yeah, okay, sure. And interesting she felt the need to drop in here she's switching agencies again and who her new rep will be. That's some serious "call my agent to set up endorsement deals!" shit right there.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back