2024 Olympics threads (feedback/requests)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender
Hey all.
I will be creating the threads in the next few weeks.
I wanted feedback and any requests.

I have this so far:
Pre-Olympics chat
Podium Training mag/wag (2 threads)
No Spoilers thread with links to tv and results pages
Olympic leotards
MAG Qualifying
WAG Qualifying (3 threads likely? or 5 for each subdivision?)
MAG TF
WAG TF
MAG AA
WAG AA
EF Day 1
EF Day 2
EF Day 3
Trampoline
Rhythmic

as tradition, I will set up the threads with the starting order and qualified athletes (with flags of course)

Feedback---requests??

I think 1 main thread for each day. I think that threads for each subdivision is too much. Both for forum organisation, but also for the flow of discussion. People tend not to move onto the new thread for the next sub

Good feedback.
I just didn't want the threads to get toooooo long because then that is overwhelming.

I think 1 main thread for each day. I think that threads for each subdivision is too much. Both for forum organisation, but also for the flow of discussion. People tend not to move onto the new thread for the next sub
The only issue with that is that the thread can get long and unwieldy for anyone who comes in late. I don't usually have a problem with it but I know in the past people have said they are turned off by 30 page long threads.

I vote each sub and if people don't want to switch threads, we leave them behind!

Pinning the links tab to the top would be super helpful cuz I am always losing the links.

Noted.

I'll revisit the 2020 threads to see what I did, I know I listed the teams competing and prominent individuals in the thread title so it was clear who was in that subdivision.

I do think SBD 2 needs a separate thread due to having USA/ITA/CHN, it should be a busy thread for that subdivision alone
Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 4.46.59 PM.png

Looks good 👍 I like one thread per sub (makes sense organisation-wise, shorter threads, easier to find what you want) and the headings with countries/notable individuals are very helpful. I’ll be in Paris so won’t be on much in real time this go around.

Thanks for doing these.

Perhaps a pointer to the “other sports” forum somewhere would be helpful? Everyone gets addicted to a new random sport during the Olympics.

I think GBR, CHN, USA, ITA and BRA are the teams that are going to generate the most discussion. combining 1 and 2 and then having a 3, 4, 5 thread might be a happy medium to having individual threads.
I agree with this. And also agree that Subdivision 2 needs its own thread. I can imagine it would get very long very quickly.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back