FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, and here I thought things couldn't get any messier than my family drama, but nooooooo, gymnastics said "hold my beer!"
Ha ha ha, sounds you may have the same weekend I did 😅😅😅😅😅

Between those two sources of drama, I’ve been super exhausted this weekend 🤣

@Aeris Don't worry — everyone can see it, and there's no point in discussing this part further.
There is always white in between the blue and her foot. Is the FX carpet a non-Euclidean solid?
Wow, that is the first time I have seen someone mention Non-Euclidean geometries in a gymnastics forum. Well played!

I agree in that the bronze medal cannot be taken away from Ana Barbosu a second time.

I truly hope this bronze medal controversy will be solved in the most sensitive, fair, and best way possible. I hope.

José M.

How can CAS rule that it was 64s while a video says it was 47s?

Was someone supposed to “record” the time between the score flashing and the receipt of the Inquiry?

It wouldn’t surprise me if CAS holds the 64s to stand, despite video evidence to the contrary, because of some inane rule about the “recorded” time being deemed final if no one has appealed it.

Was someone supposed to “record” the time between the score flashing and the receipt of the Inquiry?

It wouldn’t surprise me if CAS holds the 64s to stand, despite video evidence to the contrary, because of some inane rule about the “recorded” time being deemed final if no one has appealed it.
My guess is they made the first ruling from pieced together videos, while the US now has a single video showing the timeline.

17 seconds is a helluva discrepancy

Yes, she inquired the D score.
Does a coach have to specify a particular skill or does the panel review everything?

I’ve never delved this deep into the madness.

I really do appreciate the knowledge everyone is sharing.

Does a coach have to specify a particular skill or does the panel review everything?

I’ve never delved this deep into the madness.

I really do appreciate the knowledge everyone is sharing.
I believe they don’t have to inquire a particular element but they are more likely to get a favourable result if they do. To appeal a ND, you have to state that

I can’t imagine USA gymnastics making the announcement they just did without fairly unequivocal proof. As if they weren’t already, things about to get even messier AF-ier.
You could say the same about the earlier announcement as well

Her form doesn't matter for inquiry (since there was nothing to downgrade b/c of that), the E-score isn't what changes. The E-judges should be able to review elements on their own though. Ideally, Voinea's E-score would have been relatively lower if the judges were given more tools to do their job.

Voinea did appeal in the given time too. This is a regulation that needs to be changed - an inquiry should review ALL things in a routine not related to E-score. It shouldn't have to be specified that you're trying to inquire an out of bounds call.

Yes it has. Her routine has been closely viewed from multiple angles. She was never out of bounds.
At this point, I feel insane but do coaches know what skills were downgraded when the scores flash? If a gymnast feels her D-score should be higher, does the coach know what to appeal or is everything reviewed? And if everything is reviewed, shouldn’t that include NDs?

The more I learn, the more confused I get. I gave up watching figure skating when their new scoring took over. I try watching gym without knowing as much as I should, and now I’m horrified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back