FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone here hates her but no way did Voinea and Chiles deserve the same E score on floor. Chiles routine was a mess, by far the worst she's done all Olympics; Voinea's was far cleaner. With a fair E score Chiles should have been behind both Romanians regardless of D score.
Do we hate her? To me she comes across as having an inflated sense of self but that's kind of typical at her age. What dislike is the way she seems to be favored over her peers. Her floor routine was beautiful today, but so was her teammate's.

well yes but have you ever watched a gymnastics competition with a dancer? they cry on the inside with every leap

ETA: and sometimes on the outside
I sent a clip of that leap from Jordan to one of the technical leads for Russian RG to ask her opinion. She had no idea what was even being attempted

Do we hate her? To me she comes across as having an inflated sense of self but that's kind of typical at her age. What dislike is the way she seems to be favored over her peers. Her floor routine was beautiful today, but so was her teammate's.
Does she? To me it seems to come totally from her mother and not Sabrina herself. She seems liked by her team mates

Chiles E Score7.866
Voinea E Score7.900
I do feel for Voinea. I guess it is hard when the inquiry is with the last gymnast.
Barbosu E 8.00. I standby my statement that she out performed both of them.

Did she go out of bounds and I just don't remember. Because if you add back the 0.1 ND, she would have won.

Definitely don't agree with this. She should have known not to start celebrating until after the inquiry. The final result was shocking but inquires are a well known part of the sport. Her teammate literally just did the same thing.

It was heartbreaking to watch but it's unfair to state that anyone was playing with her emotional state.

well yes but have you ever watched a gymnastics competition with a dancer? they cry on the inside with every leap

ETA: and sometimes on the outside
Wouldn't someone with actual dance technique be deducted in gymnastics. I feel like the way the leap requirements are judged is as much a problem as the leaps themselves.

This is a REAL issue imo.
What I mean, that I probably have not conveyed very well is that a genuinely D level dance element is not what we see being competed but would more be along the lines of what a free routine looks like in junior RG. I can do nearly every D rated dance element in the COP, they are not of equal difficulty to double pikes or double twisting fronts!!

What I mean, that I probably have not conveyed very well is that a genuinely D level dance element is not what we see being competed but would more be along the lines of what a free routine looks like in junior RG. I can do nearly every D rated dance element in the COP, they are not of equal difficulty to double pikes or double twisting fronts!!
Ou Yushan got that memo lol

I feel like in my Olympics, whoever did a dang back split leap and had full body engagement would get FX gold. Wolf turns would get chalk thrown at you.

Like I just need a well done switch leap right into another leap or jump to be happy. I loved Raducan's switch leap-switch full-split jump in 2000. Also her wolf 1 1/2-Shushunova. The double stag right on the beat, too.

but clearly they are for the AGs because almost none of them do them well but most of them can do a double pike with reasonable proficiency. And if I see another dumpy switch half on beam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back