FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dance elements aren't the great equalizer, but they do offer some balance. Remove them as a requirement and you'll have an entirely different Top 8 and probably different podium order.
I'm fine with that. I just don't see the point with these super tough decisions hanging on a foot being round or not on a goddamm leap, tbh. It's cryptic and I think nobody is here for it, tbh. Did anyone ever get excited by a Gogean (again, except Doug). Have them do mandatory leap series, maybe even give them something for it or generally reward them for amplitude or whatever, but this D-score madness is doing nothing for the sport.

It was a dramatic end to fx . First Voinea appealed to knock Barbosu off the podium and then Chiles did likewise to knock both of them off.
I wanted Barbosu on podium, but glad it wasn’t Voinea ending there, at least.
But again, what was the -0.1 deduction for?

I think the .1 was for the leap out of her 3rd pass, which she didn’t do today.
No, the full credited difficulty would be 7.1. No leap out of Biles puts her to 7.0, so something else wasn't credited

I just don’t see what they are there to prove? What is their function? No one is doing dance elements that are of genuine difficulty. The AG code is skewed
Yeah, I kinda agree. I feel like tumbling has suffered, not necessarily for the top elite gymnasts but the mid-tier ones, because of the greater emphasis on jumps and leaps. Like if we want to see more time for actual dance, the balance needs to change. And why is ending with a double tuck enough for elite women's gymnastics right now? What are the solutions?

Yeah, I kinda agree. I feel like tumbling has suffered, not necessarily for the top elite gymnasts but the mid-tier ones, because of the greater emphasis on jumps and leaps. Like if we want to see more time for actual dance, the balance needs to change. And why is ending with a double tuck enough for elite women's gymnastics right now? What are the solutions?
Yes. I want to see actual dance and expression and 3 difficult tumbles or at least interesting combo tumbling. No 4th pass

Once again I have to say how much I hate FX. All that posey dance interspersed with stiffed armed galloping around the floor to launch themselves into leaps is just meh and sometimes cringe. I say get rid of the music and the “dance” and make it like men’s FX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back