FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a lot of trouble facing that reality because I didn't want Rebeca to beat Simone on floor. I'm sorry. I'm trying really hard not to be bitter right now, but it's something that's really hard for me, even as an adult.
I am right there with you ADF. I think its clear that while Rebecca was close to Simone, Simone made those 2 bir double OOBs in large part because of being in pain from her calf injury which she was dealing with throughout these Olympics. She had shown us before that she was abale to control her landings and stay IB. Its really hard to end the Olympics this way. On the brighter side Simone won Gold in AA and Vault (and TF of course). Not exactly a failed Olympics for her. She really leaves Paris VERY victorious

The only good thing to come up with the shit that that was finals today is now that I’m at the gym, my heart rate is already up lol

I’m bummed for Barbosu. I really wanted her to win the bronze.

I think the only thing that’s a bigger hot mess than today’s EF is Mama Voinea’s face. She looks like the love child of The Joker and Harley Quinn.

I know everyone here hates her but no way did Voinea and Chiles deserve the same E score on floor. Chiles routine was a mess, by far the worst she's done all Olympics; Voinea's was far cleaner. With a fair E score Chiles should have been behind both Romanians regardless of D score.
Chiles E Score7.866
Voinea E Score7.900
I do feel for Voinea. I guess it is hard when the inquiry is with the last gymnast.

Chiles E Score7.866
Voinea E Score7.900
I do feel for Voinea. I guess it is hard when the inquiry is with the last gymnast.

Voinea was 0.3 down in D score from quals - 6.2 --> 5.9 - but up in E. I'm unsure whether she chose to play it safe or whether she had something not credited. There was something a little funky about her leap series at the end but I only saw it in real time.

It is tough when 0.066 separates bronze to 5th.

Interestingly, the Landis could have petitioned Biles's score too. She was also missing 0.1 difficulty. I thought her Gogean was incomplete but the switch full looked relatively better today.

I would cancel dance elements completely. No one does them properly. They don’t add anything to anyone’s routine.

It would put me out of a job, but that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make
Dance elements aren't the great equalizer, but they do offer some balance. Remove them as a requirement and you'll have an entirely different Top 8 and probably different podium order.

Dance elements aren't the great equalizer, but they do offer some balance. Remove them as a requirement and you'll have an entirely different Top 8 and probably different podium order.
I just don’t see what they are there to prove? What is their function? No one is doing dance elements that are of genuine difficulty. The AG code is skewed

Questions/Thoughts I have that hope the Prime Time broadcasters cover:

1) Is there a separate panel of inquiry judges or is it the same judges just taking another look?

2) How many judges have to confirm for an inquiry to be accepted (like is it a vote)?

3) When was the last time an inquiry changed the podium or podium order? I definitely remember the Romanians being the beneficiaries of inquiries in past Olympics.

I hope the producers are working overtime to add context!

Interestingly, the Landis could have petitioned Biles's score too. She was also missing 0.1 difficulty. I thought her Gogean was incomplete but the switch full looked relatively better today.
I think the .1 was for the leap out of her 3rd pass, which she didn’t do today.

IMG_8145.jpeg

It was a dramatic end to fx . First Voinea appealed to knock Barbosu off the podium and then Chiles did likewise to knock both of them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back