FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone got a close up of Chiles' Gogean? From the main feed it definitely looks like she landed with her feet pointing off to the side.

On Voinea's ND, she was very close to going overtime. I have it at 1:30 exactly but that could come down to the judge's reaction time or opinion on when the routine started and finished.

Once again I have to say how much I hate FX. All that posey dance interspersed with stiffed armed galloping around the floor to launch themselves into leaps is just meh and sometimes cringe. I say get rid of the music and the “dance” and make it like men’s FX.
Heck no
Men need music so it's not so boring

Last edited:
Today's finals were a mess, I am happy Jordan got a medal, regardless of circumstance. I'm glad Simone got beat when her landings were terrible. Many of them looked quite exhausted and I can't imagine trying to use my legs like that after all this competition. I wish there was a an extra day off or 2 built in, but this is the nature of the Olympics.

I haven't seen it so what do I know. But it sounds like the judges over there are full on channeling their
Suspicious Mona Lisa GIF by Parks and Recreation

If it is that this is a disadvantage of line judging by camera, we don't know when the OOB was called anymore. They should release the photo.
Yes. Photo/video showing when and how it happened, just like they do in tennis when judging whether the ball was in or out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back