FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here's the thing. How does Simone getting gold or silver affect you really? We, the mere mortals, don't get any sort of tax "USA Olympic Medals" bonus. We just get to feel super patriotic for a moment.

Also, Rebeca endured THREE ACL tears to come back as one of the best gymnasts in the world and beat one of the greats fair and square. She very much deserved it.
Any explanation isn't going to make me feel happier right now.

Regarding Simone, I do not wish her but the best, I said from the start (here at home to my mum who was fully uninterested) that she would win hands down if she didn't have a couple of mistakes. She did, and might I also say, Rebecca did a phenomenal routine which I thought was pretty roughly judged, we will see about that too I guess. I just think it's better for the sport if that routine wins today. A nearly perfect Andrade beats a clearly flawed biles routine. I think that speaks well for the sport and the judging, frankly. that's what it's about for me, cause frankly, Rebecca probably feels like this is all a dream since Tokyo.

I'm having a lot of trouble facing that reality because I didn't want Rebeca to beat Simone on floor. I'm sorry. I'm trying really hard not to be bitter right now, but it's something that's really hard for me, even as an adult.

I think it is healthy for the sport that Simone can no longer give away 0.6 in oob and still automatically get gold

Let us begin with the topic that will sustain us for the next 6 months!

I would think the first thing to establish is, was it about the Gogean? I assumed that from the way it looked, but have people worked it out for sure?
Justin said it was about the tour jete half. I think. Not sure. Only half listening at that point.

I know everyone here hates her but no way did Voinea and Chiles deserve the same E score on floor. Chiles routine was a mess, by far the worst she's done all Olympics; Voinea's was far cleaner. With a fair E score Chiles should have been behind both Romanians regardless of D score.

Last edited:
I thought the drama was over but wow. Jordan finally got an individual medal.

I know everyone here hates her but no way did Voinea and Chiles deserve the same E score on floor. Chiles routine was a mess, by far the worst she's done all Olympics; Voinea's was far cleaner.
I won't ever be happy with Chiles winning the bronze the way she did. It was more like the judges took it away from Ana.

I can't have my olympic podium decided on a fucking tour jete, half or not. Can we PLEASE do six elements with at least 3 acro and at least one dance and just go. Can we. Please. I'm asking nicely.
I would cancel dance elements completely. No one does them properly. They don’t add anything to anyone’s routine.

It would put me out of a job, but that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make

Can anyone help me understand why Jordan Chiles result changed from 13,666 after her performance to 13,766 at the end taking the bronze medal?
IMG_4341.jpeg
IMG_4342.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back