FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal) PART 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Exactly my thoughts. Sabrina scored 13.8 and 13.9 in QR and Team event, and then she downgraded one pass - a bad call of her coaching 'team' but regardless of that you kinda expect the scores go a bit higher in the final for a clean routine?
Ana on the opposite upgraded the difficulty - smart, and got her highest score. BTW I have a question she got 8.00 for her execution, quite high, she also had a step out with OOB, I thought that such a visual mistake should reflect on E score? (Still on the learning curve ha ha...)

Before the final I expected Manilla to get bronze, she has the best routine this season. Had she not a bit of meltdown the whole drama would not have happened!
I am not Jordan fan but if she performed like she did in the team event I think she would be a rightful bronze medallist, it did not happen though, it was a tired performance and landing were not great. So out of three Sabrina was the best on the night and was robbed as simple as that.

Sabrina's E score went up 0.4 from 7.5 to 7.9. But her D score also went down 0.4 as well from 6.3 to 5.9.

I thought the E scores were too bunched in EF

Sabrina's E score went up 0.4 from 7.5 to 7.9. But her D score also went down 0.4 as well from 6.3 to 5.9.

I thought the E scores were too bunched in EF
What did she change in her D

She downgraded the Chuso to a full-in, but there must have been something else too.

While Voinea's qualifications routine had a potential D score of 6.3, she was only credited with a 6.2, so the downgrade to the tucked full-in was the reason for the 5.9 D score in event finals. I believe the full twisting switch leap was downgraded in both cases.

Voinea was credited with the leap in TF IIRC and got a 6.0 start.

Voinea was credited with the leap in TF IIRC and got a 6.0 start.

When I judged in real time, I said "I agreed with the downgrade on Sabrina’s switch full."

I should go through and judge the rest of the routines, but I did have Sabrina at the same E score as her final score on a rough (read, added in my head) scoring of it

When I judged in real time, I said "I agreed with the downgrade on Sabrina’s switch full."

What about Sabrina's final leap combo? Ring? to switch half? IIRC

I don't know if there is a fully "fair" outcome at this point. The fairest thing, I think, is to give all three gymnasts a bronze and admit that there were institutional failings that resulted in very poor evaluation of their routines and handling of the scoring.
It's also the least stupid and embarrassing option at this point.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back