FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal) PART 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

They're just quoting Barbosu's interview the other day, where she said she had seen and hugged Voinea that day, that obviously there was a little distance right now, but that she doesn't want to speak on Sabrina's behalf and Romania needs Sabrina for the future.

I wouldn't really call it reporting. Obviously there will be some awkwardness. They asked her if she and Jordan had spoken too. She just said no but they wouldn't really have conversations during doping tests normally.

Daily Mail just wants to keep stirring I think!
Just classic Daily Mail clickbait.
Full translation of what Ana said during the podcast is on Twitter
(I can post screenshots if anyone has problems seeing it on Twitter/x, but its 6 pages total)

And then there was an official document (posted as link/screenshot several times here) describing what coaches can inquire, or something like that. It sounded like time/line inquiry was separate from D inquiry but they indeed COULD inquiry it (and I would expect all the coaches out there with their gymnast to KNOW that document).
Has anyone managed to dig up the FIG enquiry form yet? I remember a USAG one and a FIG RSG one being posted.

Has anyone managed to dig up the FIG enquiry form yet? I remember a USAG one and a FIG RSG one being posted.
I would like to see it too.
Its not clear to me, do they have one inquiry form for both D and ND? Can coaches inquiry both D and ND at the same time? Or either D or ND, one or other but not both?

Adding fun to the mix, when I read through the rules, it looks like you can inquire time and line deductions, but not all neutral deductions. Delightful, since Simone’s salute is a behavior deduction but of course that isn’t actually made visible.

Did they use the forms from the Appendices of the Code of Points? pages 179-181.

There aren’t any instructions to go with them.

IMG_1597.jpeg
IMG_1598.jpeg

And then there was an official document (posted as link/screenshot several times here) describing what coaches can inquire, or something like that. It sounded like time/line inquiry was separate from D inquiry but they indeed COULD inquiry it (and I would expect all the coaches out there with their gymnast to KNOW that document).
My point is... I don't think we are 'a bit hard' on old Voinea.
I mean, to be perfectly fair, what was quoted in the CAS decision was the general right of the coach to have line and time calls reviewed, and then the section about the JUDGES and who had to attend an inquiry on an ND. Nowhere in the TR does it state the ND inquiry is a different process. It says so on some helpdesk I can't even find again and on the section about judges, which I'm sorry but probably most coaches haven't read in absolute detail. Yes it is the rules and everything, but that is NOT properly explained in the technical regulations and I frankly don't think any coach would have known. The Dutch in any case seem to not have known either as they took a 0.3 instead of a 0.1 for Lieke Wevers, that ended up taking her off the AA final.

Voinea is a mess make-up wise, but I don't think she's solely to blame here.

Last edited:
Forgive my stupidity but are these forms really the inquiry forms? Looking more like forms for the judges' use for markings, not?
And assuming that these are correct forms, what then a coach is supposed to do - to run (quickly!) to the judges and declare the intention to challenge OOB? [I still would love to know if there was a precedent of successful OOB inquiry]
I have to say the procedure does require some quick thinking and fast feet on coaches part!

Does anyone have a copy of the Technical Regulations? Twice in the "Regulations for Coaches" section of the COP, it references the technical regulations (an entirely separate document) when it comes to inquires.

i) Inquire to Superior Jury concerning the evaluation of the content of the exercise of the gymnast (see TR 8.4).
and
3.4 Inquiries (TR 8.4)
Detailed procedure for the request of reviews (Inquiry) as per TR (Section 1, Art. 8.4).

Does anyone have a copy of the Technical Regulations? Twice in the "Regulations for Coaches" section of the COP, it references the technical regulations (an entirely separate document) when it comes to inquires.

and
Here it is:

Page 44-45
And not a word that ND inquiry to be submitted separately or differently from D score inquiry, as a matter of fact there is no mention of ND inquiry at all!
Another interesting detail, a direct quote:

''In the days following a competition, a global video analysis is carried out by the respective TCs (or their representatives designated by the TCs), and in case mistakes are established, the responsible judges will be disciplined accordingly.''

It seems ridiculous that FIG can't even get the article number right in its own documents. And yet, so very on-brand. What a clusterfuck of an organization.
Yep. All FIG officials signed under that word salad should be disciplined accordingly, if not fired.
And Netherland gym federation should go after them too, because of Lieke Wevers ND in quals that cost her finals.

Now that we know the technology they were using for line calls was absolutely inappropriate for consistently getting it right, if I was a gymnast/federation I'd be looking for video replay of all my NDs and potentially challenging, as well.

Edit to add- Did the FIG even bother to tell Omega that their system was lacking? One wonders

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back