Extremely Premature Olympic Team Predictions and Speculation

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Reese Esponda is a clear talent!
If not for 2024, definitely on the way to Los Angeles.

Reese was brought up on this week’s episode of Gymcastic by Jessica, so people are definitely noticing the talent!

Can’t find her Classic beam. 13.05. Winter Cup 11.85 I would swear she has added since Winter Cup. My old eyes might have been deceived but i thought she did a standing Arabian.

Last edited:
The skill selection is great and she’s clearly doing the back tuck as a placeholder on beam. Who knows? The technique is there and lots of gymnasts should be challenging the second tier of the main contenders. The US is ridiculous with talent right now, but mostly in terms of clustering, just like back in 2004 when you could’ve made a whole second team out of athletes who didn’t make the cut, and it could’ve pulled off a medal.

This is supposed to be hyped? There is zero extension through the legs, tentative, and very slow twitch. I don’t see what the potential is supposed to be.

Maggie Nichols is someone who comes to mind who made a large amount of improvement in one year, but she was never even close to this rough.

I’m not sure anyone should be taking Jess’ opinions seriously.

Hype? I’m not repeating what fricking Jess says. I don’t even know what she says. No i’m just excited that my local girl is making good. The first person from my state in 40 years to make it to elite!!!. I said she needed improvement and there were better ones on beam. She’s rough but the work ethic is great. Her coaches have never had an elite

Hold your scorn, wait and see. If Skinner could do it this girl could. Shawn Johnson didn’t look all that great. If Roberson could have as much success as she’s had Reese can too. If Aly Raisman can have success so can be Reese Esponda.

Last edited:
Some weirdo was on IG absolutely dragging the poor girl under the video USAG tagged her in when she won floor at American Classic. It was obviously a grown man, it was truly pathetic.

Well, Gabby Douglas has officially announced her comeback. USA 2024 is going to be mighty interesting.

Three olympic AA champions! It will be a year like no other.

There’s gonna be 5 Olympic AA champions in the same arena at some point next year. Nastia will be there commentating and Mary Lou will be there because no way will she miss out on this

I thought Nastia was done at NBC?

Though I don’t follow her so maybe I missed her doing something for them recently.

ETA: Tim and Nastia last did 2022 Nationals. Peszek and Hernandez did Worlds with Roethlisberger, I can’t remember if Tim showed up for any of the men’s broadcasts or not. I remember there being some event where Tim just commentated on the MAG side. Winter Cup was Roethlisberger and Peszek again.

Last edited:
Reactions: L_R
Yeah, I think the speculation was based on Nastia not being at Worlds, but as far as I’m aware we haven’t had any kind of confirmation.

What kind of confirmation would there be? There was no confirmation when Elfi left, she just stopped appearing. I wouldn’t expect Nastia to make an announcement that her contract wasn’t renewed.

Worlds maybe there was travel issues, but it’s unusual that both Tim and Nastia were missing from Winter Cup. That was broadcast live on NBC. Not peacock, not streaming, but live on a network channel. Tim and Nastia both were at 2022 Winter Cup, but not 2023.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back