Extremely Premature Olympic Team Predictions and Speculation

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Roberson with a Cheng and scoring 14 on FX.

She looked at Jade and Jordan and went :
I See You GIF by HBO Max

Roberson outscored Jade on both VT/FX. Skye 2nd on UB and BB. I would say at this point Skye is looking really good for the 5th spot on the worlds team, assuming Gabby isn’t competing this year and that Skye has burnt all of her hair ribbons.

Last edited:
I’m going to keep faith that Jade or Jordan can keep Jocelyn off the team (absent a major form improvement from Jocelyn. She fixes the form to Jade level and I can get behind her Olympic dreams). I am so happy that Simone is doing this and hope she stays healthy and happy throughout the next year. Send her to any international comp and get that YDP named and my cup shall runneth over.

Roberson has a 6.5D floor and a Cheng now. That puts some pressure on both Carey and Chiles. Bars can be sufficiently covered by Biles, Jones, Lee / Blakely / Miller.

VT: (Douglas) Jones Chiles, Biles
UB: Jones, Douglas, Lee (Biles) this should be the highest scoring UB lineup in TF
BB: Douglas, Lee, Biles (Jones)
FX: (Douglas) Jones, Chiles, Biles
alt: Blakely, Carey, Wong

On a team with these five, there’s little justification for Chiles to do UB in prelims, even if she is second best AA in 2024, which she very well could be if she gets the Cheng :confused:

Reactions: L_R
Does anyone have any idea of what Simone did based on her scores? We know she did the YDP based on that sv

Bars:
Weiber + Meloney + Tkachev
Toe full + Pak
Van Leeuwen
Clear Hip
Double Double

Beam
Switch leap mount
Triple wolf
Front Aerial + split jump + straddle jump
BHS + LOSO * 2
Switch + Switch Half + Back tuck
Side Aerial
BHS + BHS + FTDT

Floor
Biles II
Biles I
Front full + FTDT
Double double
double wolf
Split 1/1
Switch 1/1 (to C)

I hope this time if Simone wants to put all of her difficulty out on floor, she saves it for when it’s really necessary. There was really no need for her to be doing those ridiculous floor routines all season. Just excess wear and tear on the days when she’s less than 100%.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back