2026 Commonwealth Games- Glasgow, Scotland are the new host.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The only thing that made me wonder about netball is that it's women only, so I don't know how that works with limiting events. But it's a big Commonwealth sport, and as you say @Bob, not expensive.

The only thing that made me wonder about netball is that it's women only, so I don't know how that works with limiting events. But it's a big Commonwealth sport, and as you say, not expensive.
I'd be astounded if they drop netball - the best teams in the world are all in the Commonwealth and international games usually draw decent crowds. And while the lack of men's competition is what keeps it out of the Olympics, even a Scottish sports administrator would surely think twice before saying "We're axing the UK's most popular women's sport because it's not fair on blokes".

The other thing they'll have to consider is which ones work as para sports too...

The AUS-ENG netball rivalry is strong and a big draw so I would also hope that netball is safe. The latter rounds of netball could be put in the Hydro arena once gymnastics has finished. It would be a shame to lose sports that aren't in the Olympics e.g. squash.

The AUS-ENG netball rivalry is strong and a big draw so I would also hope that netball is safe. The latter rounds of netball could be put in the Hydro arena once gymnastics has finished. It would be a shame to lose sports that aren't in the Olympics e.g. squash.

Squash is finally making it to the Olympics in 2028, which is long overdue. I just checked and the top 20 nations in the world netball rankings are all Commonwealth members, so it would be bonkers to drop it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back